Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:46 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Ditch the gas guzzling SUVs too.
Perhaps, eventually, continually rising gas prices will be beneficial to the homeless.

Just as soon as used gas guzzling SUV's reach such a low price, we can line them all up in big parking lot, and turn them into homeless shelters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 06:03 AM

712 posts, read 2,146,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAAngel2008 View Post
Are you tired of paying 4.50 and feel something should be done.the following link will take you to sean hannity where you can sign a petition that will be presented to congress to demand that we drill for our own oil in Alaska,California,Florida, and Nebraska and quit giving our money to middle eastern dictatorships that want to kill us.Quit complaning about the high price of gas and do something by signing this petition

American Solutions - Petitions
There's no way that gas costs $4.50 a gallon just isn't possible.. the truth is greed and corruption are what allow these prices I feel.. the same greed and corruption that doesn't like new energy technologies to come to market.. I believe there's a movie called "who killed the electric car" that demonstrates how widespread and institutionalized it all is...

This is the same greed and corruption that lead to 700+ billion dollar bail out to corporations for nothing really.. or the same greed and corruption that fuels war like iraq ect. which do nothing.. and as has been documented many times.. very rarely promotes for the collective good.. but certainly makes corporations rich and profitable

I have one opinion on this.. I think we should disband the military.. and with that free money that congress now has.. it could put free gas in all our cars.. that would work for me!

So your petition will do nothing.. obama may lose cause of gas prices maybe.. but your petition isn't real change.. it looks like very badly thought out propaganda actually..

Old 04-29-2011, 06:32 AM

222 posts, read 501,012 times
Maybe it is time for all Americans to use only one brand name gas station....say for example..Exxon OR Hess. Give only one company our business and watch the competion lower prices ! It may take a little time and we may have to wait in line for a day or two but it would be worth it... I WONDER if Americans can actually come together and do this???????

Old 04-29-2011, 06:37 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Buy more Exxon Mobile stock.

Oil profits, gas prices: Oil companies making more money, less fuel - latimes.com

Old 04-29-2011, 06:43 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellsandwater View Post
Maybe it is time for all Americans to use only one brand name gas station....say for example..Exxon OR Hess. Give only one company our business and watch the competion lower prices ! It may take a little time and we may have to wait in line for a day or two but it would be worth it... I WONDER if Americans can actually come together and do this???????

snopes.com: Gas Out

Old 04-29-2011, 11:29 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Like it says, buying less gas is more important than changing where it's bought. Corporation doesn't take the hit, the local station operator does.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:11 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,137,667 times
Even if people all chose one gas station chain for a day and the others were empty...on day two their prices drop 5 cents and everyone goes there...and this cycle would repeat itself without any meaningful price drops.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:11 AM

3 posts, read 4,858 times
Unless there are any radical and revolutionary inventions in the automobiles that come out of the fossil fuel brackets and some new fuel is introduced, we will be dependent on Petrol, Diesel for transport. And I dont think the Oil Companies will let the Automobile companies to produce any such vehicle in the near future. Yes, the lobby between the Oil companies and other industries is overwhelmingly present and we cannot deny the fact.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:12 AM

95 posts, read 225,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellsandwater View Post
Honestly I still don't understand why so many people still buy their gas at BP/ARAL, Shell, and Esso (the big ones in Europe). I ALWAYS pick the cheapest station around and for the last ten years or so I fueled up at the big companies' stations maybe 4-5 times because they were always more expensive than the little ones.

Why would anybody pay more than necessary instead of driving 2 km more to save 2-3 cents per liter, which adds up to about 1 liter of free gas per tank-load? Throughout the year this adds up to at least one full tank for free, just for picking a smaller gas station which is just around the corner and not right on the main street...

Sometimes the cheapest gas can even be bought conveniently right next to the mall at their own little pumps.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:00 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bravo View Post
Sometimes the cheapest gas can even be bought conveniently right next to the mall at their own little pumps.
Difference is the quality/percentage of the dispersal-detergent additives in the fuel. Cheap stations may be able to knock a few cents off the price of their gas by using few if any of these, resulting in clogged injectors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles