Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2007, 07:54 PM

2 posts, read 4,984 times

Advertisements

hi all, im new here.
i know these kinda questions are posted quite a lot on here, but im stuck in 2 minds as to what to do this year.
I currently live in Sydney, Australia having moved here at 15 from England. Im 26, female, and work as an Interior Designer for a large Architectural company. For the last year i have wanted to move to LA. Why? Something different, a new experience and to expand my resume. I understand all the visa requirements to work in the US.
I have a friend doing a similar thing and his plan is to go there for a month on a tourist visa and look for work and fingers crossed get them to sponsor his visa. I would probably do the same. (i know you have to leave the country whilst it is processing).
Questions are...
where to look at living? Has anybody done a similar thing and just taken off and moved on the spur of the moment?
any advice on things i should take note of?

Thanks to anyone that can help.

THe other option is jsut a 4-6 week holiday across america, but i have a gut feeling telling me to try something new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 02:55 PM

4 posts, read 18,237 times
yes I have. I am an aussie that has made a recent move to live and work in LA. One thing that you should be very aware of is the change in culture. We never really appreciate how good life is in Oz until you make a move like this. Things you will give up in oz are: considerate ppl, nice beaches, government that cares about its ppl, aussie foods.
Things that make it worth it for me to live over here are: entertainment, tv, music, celebrities, infrastructure, technology, cheap food, groceries, cars, so many nice places to visit, the whole americana culture.

A good place to start looking for apartment rentals is Move.com and Apartments for Rent and Homes for Rent.

Good luck in your search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles