Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 05:15 PM

4 posts, read 72,247 times

Advertisements

Sometime last week I asked about living in the Jungle. Well I've come to realize its not really the area for me lol. I continued searching for apartments and another area I am considering is "Park Village" in Compton. It is around Wilmington&Alondra, this is very close to CSU-Dominiguez which is where I will need to be. Rent is cheap and the apartments are nice/large. Once again I realize this area does have gangs, which does not bother me.
Any recommendations?

Old 06-20-2008, 05:32 PM

43 posts, read 399,089 times
This actually is very close to where I live. Yes the immediate area is nice, looks almost like the suburbs as opposed to compton, but dont let this fool you there are tonnnnes of gangs around. This hood is home of the Park Village Compton Crips. But its not the only gang around, directly west are the Original Block Piru, northwest is the Magnolia Blocc Compton Crips, directly north are both Palmer Blocc Compton Crips and Cedar Block Piru(the hood I live in), east is Acaccia Blocc Compton Crips, southeast is Spooktown Compton Crip, directly south is Farm Dog Compton Crips, and finally, southwest is home to one of compton's largest gangs, Nutty Blocc Compton Crips. As you can see, this hood is gang infested and there is usually at least a murder per week within a 5 mile radius. I wouldnt really recommend this no matter how cheap or nice the area is because chances are you last too long, especially if youre white. To tell you the truth I wouldnt recommend anywhere in Compton, Watts, or even Inglewood to someone like you.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:45 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,635,510 times
if you already know what compton is like and don't care, what do you want from us? i don't think anyone is going to tell you that it's a wonderful idea for a CSUDH student from out of state to live in compton for the cheap rent, but, then again, i didn't think anyone here would endorse the jungle "as long as you keep your head down," either.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:52 PM

115 posts, read 385,480 times
SouthCentral you stay in CKedar BloCK Piru? whats streets?
Thats The Games hood

Old 06-20-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo92 View Post
SouthCentral you stay in CKedar BloCK Piru? whats streets?
Thats The Games hood
Yup I live in the Bity of Bompton, Cedar Block/Tree Top turf. Im not gonna tell you what street I live on but I'll just say I went to both Dickison Elementary and Davis Middle School, which are both within a couple blocks of my house.
And yeah The Game "claims" Cedar Block but I dont even think Ive ever seen him around(since I knew who he was anyway, I probly saw him around the hood before he made it big). Ive met his brother Big Fase, who is a legit Piru. I hang with alot of the CBP and TTP so ive actually met quite a few hood celebs lol.

Last edited by SouthCentral; 06-20-2008 at 07:45 PM..

Old 06-21-2008, 04:28 AM

6 posts, read 50,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCentral View Post
northwest is the Magnolia Blocc Compton Crips,
never heard about it. a new crip gang?

park village is mostly black and few samoans around. corregidor street is the wrong place for a white student.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:53 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,604,880 times
There are so many other locales around Cal State Dominguez Hills that one has to wonder why you totally are honing in on Compton. Many other affordable options exist. This goes beyond stubbornness and possibly borders into masochism. Posters here have tried to educate you honestly and realistically.

If you are studying or working at CSDH, you could rent something in Lakewood, for instance: same distance as your fixated Compton. You say gangs do not bother you. This is naive, even if you're a 6'6" muscle-bound male. Gangs will be bothered by you, and react accordingly. They are not the brightest demographic. . .

Old 06-21-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treylocc View Post
never heard about it. a new crip gang?

park village is mostly black and few samoans around. corregidor street is the wrong place for a white student.
No theyve been around but theyre very inactive now-a-days. I think theyre pretty much extinct now to tell you the truth, i only included them in the list because it makes the area seem rougher and less appealing to someone who shouldnt even be considering moving here in the first place.
By the way, I see your name is "treyLOCC", are you a compton crip? If so, what set you roll with?

Old 06-21-2008, 06:31 PM

6 posts, read 50,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southcentral View Post
By The Way, I See Your Name Is "treylocc", Are You A Compton Crip? If So, What Set You Roll With?
Atf!

Old 06-21-2008, 09:21 PM

115 posts, read 385,480 times
Yea I heard game ain't even from Cbp he really from santana block which is a crab hood. I'm a Campanella park piru
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles