Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 06:41 AM

4 posts, read 33,513 times

Advertisements

Watts towers scaffolding happy snaps I took - in case anyone was interested.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 05:39 PM

276 posts, read 1,018,682 times
Wow!

Unfortunately you will be staying a bad area. Be sure you take good care, dont' hang out side, and leave folks alone.

It is unfortunate that things are this way but they are. Gangs are all over the area, and (not to scare you) but some innocent people have been killed when asked by gang members what hood/gang they are from.

Your family can certainly tell you about the area, and I hope they are not a part of the problems (not saying that they are), but you better be very careful.

It is so sad that decent folks (although poor) are forced to live in these type of areas.
Trust me, no one would make the choice to live there if they had other options.

Good luck~

Old 05-04-2009, 06:17 PM

58 posts, read 192,563 times
Be smart about it and you can go anywhere you want in the world. Watts isn't so bad.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:27 PM

723 posts, read 1,633,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyNola View Post
Wow!

Unfortunately you will be staying a bad area. Be sure you take good care, dont' hang out side, and leave folks alone.

It is unfortunate that things are this way but they are. Gangs are all over the area, and (not to scare you) but some innocent people have been killed when asked by gang members what hood/gang they are from.

Your family can certainly tell you about the area, and I hope they are not a part of the problems (not saying that they are), but you better be very careful.

It is so sad that decent folks (although poor) are forced to live in these type of areas.
Trust me, no one would make the choice to live there if they had other options.

Good luck~
There are places in neighborhoods that are not as bad that are just as affordable as Watts. Areas in Long Beach, Paramount, Gardena and a chock full of other neighboring cities have their lower income areas too that have some problems but not even half as bad. I think the people who live there are either part of the problem or they fully accept it. That goes for the thug life and living in garbage ridden streets where everything is vandalized. There is no reason for anyone to live there and raise their kids there unless they want to.

Old 10-31-2010, 01:19 AM

1 posts, read 2,824 times
Wink Nickerson gardens

its a very bad area That area is around the nickerson gardens by markham middle. the nickerson gardens most biggest gang there is the bounty hunters thay are bloods. do watch the colors yu wear nd do not wear any flossy closthing or jewelry

Old 11-01-2010, 05:17 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Largo Watts Up View Post
its a very bad area That area is around the nickerson gardens by markham middle. the nickerson gardens most biggest gang there is the bounty hunters thay are bloods. do watch the colors yu wear nd do not wear any flossy closthing or jewelry
mhmm.

Old 08-12-2016, 08:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,213 times
I'm white , me and my pal were in , watts , Compton and lynwood . Don't get me wrong it's pretty run down but you ain't really running into gang bangers unless your looking forward. Be a bit street wise and always on point.

Old 08-12-2016, 08:27 AM

643 posts, read 506,502 times
This is one area I would never visit while in LA why would anyone want to go to this area?

Old 08-13-2016, 10:50 AM

925 posts, read 1,064,456 times
Took the Blue Line recently to see the Watts Towers. Great way to get there as only a 5 minutes walk from the station. Area didn't seem too bad.

Old 08-13-2016, 12:15 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,305,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark901 View Post
I'm white , me and my pal were in , watts , Compton and lynwood . Don't get me wrong it's pretty run down but you ain't really running into gang bangers unless your looking forward. Be a bit street wise and always on point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventas View Post
This is one area I would never visit while in LA why would anyone want to go to this area?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGS91762 View Post
Took the Blue Line recently to see the Watts Towers. Great way to get there as only a 5 minutes walk from the station. Area didn't seem too bad.
All three of you should pay attention. This thread is 8 years old. The OP's trip is long over. They went home to Arizona or they wore a blue hat on the wrong block and got shot up in a drive by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles