Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 07:16 AM

34,258 posts, read 20,588,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
...another one of those peaceful, law-abiding folks who only sneak into our country to work hard and have a better life, i suppose.
Whatever. Save it for the immigration forum.

Actually, there ~are~ a lot of peaceful, law-abiding folks who sneak into the country to work hard and have a better life. And, some even came through the legal way, which apparently is lost on the descendant of a European immigrant. Don't judge all people based on the actions of a few.

The point is, LAPD stepped up and deserves to be appreciated once in a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 07:59 AM

715 posts, read 2,090,246 times
Would be nice if they can make busts on a daily basis, sends a good message to those wannabies, the more of them behind bars the better!!

Old 06-27-2008, 12:49 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,116,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
California is not a lost cause,but just has problems like everywhere else in the Country.

Most of California is civilized...Most of us don't live in the ghetto.

I also wanted to applaud the LAPD for their work.
I agree!

And congratulations to the LAPD also!!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 12:49 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,617,119 times
if you are dealing with small armies of organized crime posing as "a neighborhood" 500 cops is not such a crazy thing to do.
its not all about the police is it?

Old 06-27-2008, 02:08 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,479,902 times
Maria Leon (the matriarch of some of the gangbangers) was giving birth to critters that were like the monsters from the movie "Alien." She just happens to be illegal (that's a whole can of worms I'm not going to open). This neighborhood has been attracting relatives/friends from a very dangerous part of Mexico. It needs to be leveled. Seriously. I don't think there'd be one objection from the rest of Glassell Park (it's very L.A. - one block is sh*tty like Drew Street, then four blocks away there's nice neighborhoods). These people are so established in this small area that they'll never really go away until the City condemns it (it's such a small area no one would miss it). It's like the projects on the south side of Chicago (like the Bob Taylor homes).

I didn't start this thread so people can argue over illegal immigration. I wanted to give credit to law enforcement for taking out the big guns and kickin' some gangster a$$. People LOVE to talk about how corrupt and brutal the LAPD is... but when it comes down to it, they make this City better for all of us whether you like them or not (Glendale PD, LAPD, and federal agents were all involved).

Old 06-27-2008, 03:22 PM

6 posts, read 5,302 times
So the Avenues or the Surenos, both gangs are decreasing?

Old 06-27-2008, 03:53 PM

184 posts, read 354,433 times
The sad part is even with the "housing crisis" it's still hard to find a house in that gang infested area for under $300,000! What's an entry level gangbanger to do?? I guess public assistance/welfare?

Old 06-27-2008, 04:05 PM

6 posts, read 5,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bophisto View Post
The sad part is even with the "housing crisis" it's still hard to find a house in that gang infested area for under $300,000! What's an entry level gangbanger to do?? I guess public assistance/welfare?
Its sad that the majority of the house that sell under $300k are in South or East L.A., where a majority is gang infested.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:37 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,247,104 times
Sticky: Immigration issues have their own forum.
Anyways, I hope that this move by the LAPD and other agencies helps atleast slow down the gang activity in this area. It's really too bad that so many people have to live in fear because of a few nasty individuals.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:44 PM

184 posts, read 354,433 times
But this could be the first step towards mass gentrification...Echo Park was gang infested , but now it's seen as very desirable and there are many trendy bistros opened and opening there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles