Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2008, 10:12 AM

169 posts, read 702,924 times

Advertisements

I'm visiting LBC and I want to stop at Roscoe's in LB, I was wondering if it is in a good location? My main reason for asking is because I'll be on a motorcycle with my luggage bungie corded to the luggage rack of the bike. I don't want to park the bike in the hood....

here is the location:
730 East Broadway Blvd
Long Beach, CA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 01:22 AM

3 posts, read 8,473 times
Not a good location. you are in downtown LB

Old 07-27-2008, 01:47 AM

6 posts, read 13,336 times
Got to agree with Scooby. Generally speaking, anywhere in the greater Los Angeles area is not a place where one can comfortably leave their stuff unsecured. Sadly, that is just how it is out here in this area. But LB itself is a nice city to visit and not too bad a place to live. Be sure to go to the tourist traps because they are worth the visit! And the restaurants have some of the freshest, tastiest seafood you can have anywhere! So, secure your personals and enjoy the town!

Old 07-27-2008, 06:00 PM

230 posts, read 1,142,251 times
Its actually not a terrible area. Downtown Long Beach isn't the best, but its a lot worse the closer you get to, say, cedar and W 4th. That particular area has gotten trendy recently and, because of the trendiness has become increasingly safe. That being said, I would no more leave my luggage out of sight there than I would in the middle of some friendly quaint mid-west town. People just aren't honest anymore. Its a sad thing. If you are visiting Long Beach, can you pop your luggage off somewhere? Or, better yet, because Roscoes is an institution locally, I'm sure they wouldn't care if you bought your case in with you. It can't be that bad if if fits on your bike. Your bike alone will be fine. :-). Cheers!

Old 07-28-2008, 05:08 PM

81 posts, read 367,244 times
Terrible Area Lean Towards Torrance Or Signal Hill

Old 07-28-2008, 06:52 PM

109 posts, read 446,599 times
I wouldn't leave luggage on a bike anywhere. The bike should be ok, but just take the luggage with you. Its not the hood, but it is in downtown. Would you leave your stuff out in the downtown area of any major city?

Old 02-05-2010, 12:22 AM

4 posts, read 11,619 times
I agree with Asielen... C'mon, have some common sense!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles