Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2013, 03:13 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,635,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutecariann View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for someone to hang out with me (Girl or Gay Guy ONLY), watch reality TV, maybe sew, laugh and help or just sit with me while I open my online retail clothing business, during business hours only (if you wake up early that would be good because I get a creative surge of energy at 9am). Age doesn't matter as long as you're not drama or immature in an annoying way or too old that I cant be myself around you.

I'm fun and funny, I have a hurt back though so I have to be mellowish and mostly stay around my house. I could walk to have lunch occasionally, more so after I get my store open though. I hang out with my dog during the day and try to motivate myself while I watch TV.

I want to hang out with someone who is creative, motivating, up beat, fun, cute and PLATONIC! I'm not rich, I don't have money or anything like that, I'm just a cooler than normal, normal girl. I'm a pisces so tell me your sign when you reply so I can make sure we're compatible, that's important (Leo, Libra, Virgo, Masculine Gay Guy or Straight Male should not apply sorry).

If you have something cute to sell you could work on it here (as long as its not too involved or large) and I could put it on my site if you wanted... I just think it would be more fun to have a friend to do this with. I'm getting a t-shirt maker soon so we can make t-shirts!

If you're a pervert or interested in anything other than a platonic friendship stay the F away from me please, I'm not interested.

YAY! thanks.
^^^^This is hilarious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 03:49 PM

29 posts, read 31,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydigga View Post
^^^^This is hilarious!
Why thank you. I pride myself on being hilarious.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:11 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,133 times
Quote:
Hi,

I'm looking for someone to hang out with me (Girl or Gay Guy ONLY), watch reality TV, maybe sew, laugh and help or just sit with me while I open my online retail clothing business, during business hours only (if you wake up early that would be good because I get a creative surge of energy at 9am). Age doesn't matter as long as you're not drama or immature in an annoying way or too old that I cant be myself around you.

I'm fun and funny, I have a hurt back though so I have to be mellowish and mostly stay around my house. I could walk to have lunch occasionally, more so after I get my store open though. I hang out with my dog during the day and try to motivate myself while I watch TV.

I want to hang out with someone who is creative, motivating, up beat, fun, cute and PLATONIC! I'm not rich, I don't have money or anything like that, I'm just a cooler than normal, normal girl. I'm a pisces so tell me your sign when you reply so I can make sure we're compatible, that's important (Leo, Libra, Virgo, Masculine Gay Guy or Straight Male should not apply sorry).

If you have something cute to sell you could work on it here (as long as its not too involved or large) and I could put it on my site if you wanted... I just think it would be more fun to have a friend to do this with. I'm getting a t-shirt maker soon so we can make t-shirts!

If you're a pervert or interested in anything other than a platonic friendship stay the F away from me please, I'm not interested.

YAY! thanks.
So, hanging out with an old, straight, married Gemini guy won't work, huh?
Welcome!

Old 01-29-2013, 04:41 PM

29 posts, read 31,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
Welcome!
Unfortunately not, but its nice you would want to

Old 01-30-2013, 01:44 PM

8,318 posts, read 13,447,487 times
The last several posts sure were hilarious. I am a straight guy (Aries) but my masculine feminine side is still cracking up.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:35 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,298,761 times
Just to let ya'll know. This area is pretty cliquish and people tend to stay within their social bubbles and don't want newbies to join thier social bubbles unless you have a "connect" or have something they want.

But from what I've noticed. It's easier to make a friend with someone who just moved to SoCal from somewhere else, compared to someone who lived here for more than a year. The dog-eat-dog "keeping with the Joneses" culture here kinda saps the friendliness out of a lot of people.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:45 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,856,342 times
Quote:
Unfortunately not, but its nice you would want to
Pretty funny, from that picture on your profile you look exactly like my wife's cousin.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:29 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,714,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
Welcome!
Don't worry SD. I'm sure it's just because you are old. You've never let loose with any pervert stuff around here.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:51 AM

9 posts, read 32,861 times
I moved here from Tennessee about 8 years ago, and I absolutely understand the feeling of loneliness. It really took a while, at least 5 years, before I truly felt established. But even to this day, my circle of people I call true "friends" is VERY small. I have a lot of acquaintences, but not a lot of friends.

There's a certain edge to people in LA (I've even seen it in myself) that is hard to break through at first. I think this primarily comes from a reluctancy for people to trust others, in my opinion due to the ever-increasing third world elements of LA culture. You really have to be street smart to keep from being taken advantage of - I know this is true of any large city, but it is particularly necessary in LA. Something as simple as buying a used car is very difficult - most of this industy is controlled by a "mafia" of sorts where cars are totalled, rebuilt, and sold to you under the premise that nothing is wrong. I don't want to generalize but this is just an example.

LA is also the hit-and-run capital of the world, mainly due to the number of non-licensed drivers on the road. There is also an attitude where everyone thinks everyone else is "stupid." Every major socioeconomic/social/ethnic group has a superiority complex against everyone else, which makes for an "us-vs.-them" approach to living here, ironic for such a massive cultural melting pot.

LA does have its good elements, and there are people here you can connect with, but there are some strange underlying social nuances which take a while to adjust to. I've found it helpful to keep an open mind when talking with people and finding common ground in areas you might not expect. My best friend and I are basically polar opposites on just about everything, but somehow it works.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:23 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinotes15 View Post
I moved here from Tennessee about 8 years ago, and I absolutely understand the feeling of loneliness. It really took a while, at least 5 years, before I truly felt established. But even to this day, my circle of people I call true "friends" is VERY small. I have a lot of acquaintences, but not a lot of friends.

There's a certain edge to people in LA (I've even seen it in myself) that is hard to break through at first. I think this primarily comes from a reluctancy for people to trust others, in my opinion due to the ever-increasing third world elements of LA culture. You really have to be street smart to keep from being taken advantage of - I know this is true of any large city, but it is particularly necessary in LA. Something as simple as buying a used car is very difficult - most of this industy is controlled by a "mafia" of sorts where cars are totalled, rebuilt, and sold to you under the premise that nothing is wrong. I don't want to generalize but this is just an example.

LA is also the hit-and-run capital of the world, mainly due to the number of non-licensed drivers on the road. There is also an attitude where everyone thinks everyone else is "stupid." Every major socioeconomic/social/ethnic group has a superiority complex against everyone else, which makes for an "us-vs.-them" approach to living here, ironic for such a massive cultural melting pot.

LA does have its good elements, and there are people here you can connect with, but there are some strange underlying social nuances which take a while to adjust to. I've found it helpful to keep an open mind when talking with people and finding common ground in areas you might not expect. My best friend and I are basically polar opposites on just about everything, but somehow it works.
I think everything you've said applies just as well to any other big city. Also, it only gets more difficult to make friends as you get older. People are busy, already have their own friends and lives, and it's tough to become close friends with someone you can only hang out with once in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles