Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2013, 04:12 PM

8,311 posts, read 13,444,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You can always find a guy for the night but that isn't my intention. I want to meet people with substance and friendship potential. It is really tough, if you are single and don't have a fun friend to go out with and meet new people. All my friends are married and don't go anywhere. Going out alone as a woman is kinda weird. I wouldn't mind being single if I would have fun friends.

I often drive by areas on the weekends and wish I could participate in the events, but don't have anybody to go with. So I go alone and walk around alone at carshows, bike events, hiking, surfing, etc. It is okay, but it can get a bit lonely to watch other people having fun with partners or friends.
I had a single tear....really.

Oh-eve, you can always ask one of your friends* here on C-D to keep you company. I know, people on C-D are like a box of chocolate and some can be nutty but it is all a part of the experience, isn't it?
Besides, with these gas prices, you should let others chip in for gas!

I am thinking about starting my own call-a-friend service, where people can call in and request a person of opposite sex to keep them company for events or for the same day. To prevent sexual tension, I will offer good looking gay guys for straight female clients and feminine, cute lesbians for straight male clients.

Waddaya think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 08:37 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I had a single tear....really.

Oh-eve, you can always ask one of your friends* here on C-D to keep you company. I know, people on C-D are like a box of chocolate and some can be nutty but it is all a part of the experience, isn't it?
Besides, with these gas prices, you should let others chip in for gas!

I am thinking about starting my own call-a-friend service, where people can call in and request a person of opposite sex to keep them company for events or for the same day. To prevent sexual tension, I will offer good looking gay guys for straight female clients and feminine, cute lesbians for straight male clients.

Waddaya think?
Just ONE tear, huh?

I live in Oxnard, so I made this request in the Ventura forum before and couldn't find anybody in my age range.

Old 12-22-2013, 01:29 PM

25 posts, read 49,436 times
May you find "comfort" in the amount of reactions you find on this forum.
I'm European, moved here 10 years ago and have never in my life felt so incredibly lonely and disconnected. Here I was -like you describe- trying to make friends and it just didn't happen.
I had to get used to "I call you," being -many times- just a saying: they didn't call.
Having said that: it does take time, there's a different mentality here than there's in, for example, NY or Miami (I've lived in both places so that's why I name it).
Don't give up, start your own Meet Up Group! There are -as you can tell by the amount of reactions- plenty of people who go through -or have gone through- the same thing: you'll meet people.
It takes time. It really does.
Good luck!!

Old 12-22-2013, 04:05 PM

I am German and yes, this flakeyness of people can be really frustrating.

I went to meetups. Didn't go that well. Maybe I should go to some more.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Just ONE tear, huh?

I live in Oxnard, so I made this request in the Ventura forum before and couldn't find anybody in my age range.
I was really dehydrated so it was actually very generous of me!
Oxnard is a bit far from happening parts of LA and not exactly full of singles in their 20s-30s, is it?

Quote:
I am German and yes, this flakeyness of people can be really frustrating.

I went to meetups. Didn't go that well. Maybe I should go to some more.
Don't worry, you are not the only foreigner in this forum. I have been living here for a long.ss time but I still feel I am not quite as "flakey" as the stereo typed So Cal locals you complained about.

Believe me, I would have no problem coming up to Oxnard and meeting you as a "friend" but I have a few restraining orders against me in that area, so, it might be better to meet close to LA if you were interested?

I kid, I kid!

Old 12-23-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I was really dehydrated so it was actually very generous of me!
Oxnard is a bit far from happening parts of LA and not exactly full of singles in their 20s-30s, is it?

No, Oxnard is full with married Mexicans who have multiple kids at my age. No offense - we get along great, just no common interests besides the food

Yeah, Turco, let's meet next year and if somebody else between 35-45 is interested, feel free to send a private message. Will be flying home to Germany tomorrow, but back in January.

Happy Holidays to everybody!

Old 12-23-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
No, Oxnard is full with married Mexicans who have multiple kids at my age. No offense - we get along great, just no common interests besides the food

Yeah, Turco, let's meet next year and if somebody else between 35-45 is interested, feel free to send a private message. Will be flying home to Germany tomorrow, but back in January.

Happy Holidays to everybody!
Happy Holidays to you and to your loved ones as well. If you wanted to increase the number of PMs and attendees, you should bring some authentic German lager!

It'd at least help me look better in your eyes!

Yes, I still kid.

Have a fun and safe travel!

Old 12-23-2013, 05:17 PM

Hefeweitzen!!

Old 12-23-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Hefeweitzen!!
I don't want no Half-a-Weitzen, I want the whole thing!

Well, have a safe trip! You should stay up and party tonight because you'll have plenty of time for sleep during the long flight!

Old 12-27-2013, 07:56 AM

9 posts, read 9,201 times
Well I pretty young but there is literally another world in California where it is possible to meet people everyday, secret clubs and hidden parties, its just a matter of going out and experiencing what we have to offer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles