Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:18 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times

Advertisements

I am not Armenian but I've also lived in Glendale/Burbank for years.

I have to wonder how observant someone is who spells "****ake" "chitake." I've never heard of a "chitake" mushroom. And, what nationality could they be since Americans are familiar with "****ake" mushrooms.

Cathy, what nationality are you to be complaining? Obviously not Armenian but I doubt you were born in the USA since everyone here knows they are "****ake" mushrooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 02:27 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHATTY CATHY View Post
Well, I tell ya, a very big grocery retailer in La Crescenta recently hired, then fired, a gang member , folks.
I have to laugh over this one too. You think this is the only big grocery retailer to every hire a gang member? You think this is the only big grocery retailer to every fire a gang member? This stuff happens every day yet it is NEWS to you?!!

Good grief! I don't know who came up with the saying "Get a life" but it is something you should seriously consider! Things that go on everyday are not that interesting or exciting to people! Even if it is something new for you!

I discovered Mochi ice cream!! Who cares?! It's been around for quite awhile!!

Old 10-25-2007, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,370 times
Cathy needs to get laid or something......

lol @ that stereotype..

I'm Armenian, I live in Whittier.

I know what you mean, when you say Armenians are cruising down your main streets.. and speeding, yadda yadda...

Yes, I'm sure they're the only ones doing this in your, otherwise, perfect Wal-Green's neighborhood...

I've been to Glendale.. Plenty of times, it's a nice place to go out every now and then.. a bunch of places to hang out on Brand.. and you can always take Glenoaks down to Burbank, and go chill somewhere on Olive, which isn't too far down..

Who cares who's there.. as long as you're not an uptight, bitter woman in need of some Midol, and something up her back side.. you should be fine.

I'm sorry to the Admins and Mods.. I don't know how "blunt" and "real" I can be on these forums.. I mean.. Cathy posts here.. lol.. So it must be a happy little ignorant, blissful place to be...

But Cathy, grow up.. learn how to deal with people.. don't cry about a "gang member" bagging your groceries for you.. and next time, don't judge all Armenians as a whole. Some come from Armenia, Persia, Syria, Lebanon, Russia, .. from ALL OVER the world.. speak different dialects, have different mentalities.. and are ALL different.. and even if we all came from the same place.. It still doesn't give you the right to heard us up like cattle.

I'm surprised EVERY race doesn't treat you like Sh*t.. with a mind set such as that.. You seem like an annoying, excuse my french, "B*tch".

The one who goes to Rite Aid and complains about everything and asks for discounts and holds up the damn line. "Bububut the sign said 6.99".. Shut up!..
Then has a heart attack when she finds out the person she was arguing with, was a "gang member". lmao..

I hope you get poisoned by a "chitake" mushroom.. you ignorant bastard.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:56 PM

21 posts, read 111,121 times
"Inconspicuous changes in La Crescenta resulting from the actions of a very big grocery store that hired and fired a gang mamber"

Sounds like a job for SUPERMAN!! He is faster than a car with four gang members! He can leap over a very big grocery store! He can lift Catty Cathy's house with one arm!

Old 02-06-2008, 06:13 PM

938 posts, read 4,092,849 times
Some really exclusive neighborhoods in the Northern areas.

Huge Armo. population, they can be very inhospitable to outside races.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,179 times
I have been reading all the posts on what is good or bad about Glendale. Let me just say this, as a native Glendalian, born and bred, I do believe you are all exaggerating a bit about the cities condition and way of living. I had some of the most beatiful experiences EVER living here and I have traveled much in my lifetime and let me tell you I would not, for one second trade in the way of life that Glendale has to offer. The one thing I do see wrong is how the city is doing away with those old beatiful familiar buildings and housing complexes I grew up around. I believe Glendale is looking too compressed, and I do wish that would not happen, also the mall needs to stop expanding, jeez are we trying to become The Great Mall of Minnesota or what! The school system is one of the best I have seen so far, and the schools are clean cut looking. As for crime, I don't think this is a war zone and Glendale has never been infamous for that either, this isn't the ghetto gutters of south central or the jungles, of course there will always be crimes, what city doesn't have that, but it is not so bad that it even has to be mentioned. The city has become majority Armenian, especially concentrated in South Glendale, but there are also many other races as well, the one thing I can say, is that growing up there were no black people here, for one I don't think they were able to afford living here, as I was on my way out of high school, I started noticing a few creeping into the city, and their stay here was not a good one believe me, but now there are many! I guess people now don't mind them coming into the city. I guess then that is the reason for the cities downfall since the late 90's, but oh well. Well to sum it up: Glendale is a beautiful city with a lot of rich history, schools are good, shopping is so convenient and abundant, and it is a wonderful place to live. For the record, Burbank ain't all that

Old 03-21-2008, 09:14 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,235,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
Some really exclusive neighborhoods in the Northern areas.

Huge Armo. population, they can be very inhospitable to outside races.

'Outside races'...?!?? Caucasians treating non-Caucasians badly? Exactly who is getting mistreated?

Old 03-21-2008, 09:25 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,235,623 times
Default Arabs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
We are living in Glendale now. Regarding the Arab population: A couple of our neighbors are from the Middle East. One is Syrian, another is Lebanese. One is in the jewelry trade and splits his time between LA and New York City. I don't know what the other one does because I've never asked him.

I really like Glendale. The area we are living in is very very mixed (whites, blacks, asians, hispanics -- everything). We are on a main street, but I notice the Glendale Police are really "jump to it" on almost everything. I have seen them stop so many people on our street, I'm really impressed. They must make a fortune in traffic tickets.
I don't know how many people of Armenian descent consider themselves 'Arabs.' I know a few and they are all Christian, most from Lebanon which has a large Christian population, especially in Beirut. When I travelled to Istanbul, the Turks certainly did NOT consider themselves Arab and Turkey is right next to Armenia.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:55 PM

346 posts, read 1,566,166 times
My favorite place in Glendale is the Centre Theater. Good, clean fun in an intimate setting. It's family-owned and they perform musicals and comedies amazingly well for such a small place. All of the actors hang out in the lobby after each show to greet people. Been going there for years, and recently took my kids to see Beauty and the Beast. They were thrilled to meet Belle and the Prince/Beast!

Glendale Centre Theatre - California's Family Theatre

Old 06-05-2008, 01:17 PM

571 posts, read 1,931,883 times
I have to say I don't understand the fuss. Glendale was rated the 22nd safest city in the COUNTRY and is certainly safer than anywhere remotely close to Los Angeles. There is absolutely no crime here - the police are so uptight and they pounce on any little thing - keeping it extremely, extremely safe. I can't even believe there are 7 pages about this !! The police here helped me recover a stolen cell phone when other police departments would just laugh in your face. I've been stopped walking down the street before coming home from the community college night classes because I looked younger than 18 and they thought I was out past the curfew! I took the bus around here for several years and waited at night, etc. I will tell you this - Glendale may LOOK run down and I will admit when I first got here it took a while to believe that it was a nice place but after living here for many years it is really the safest place in Los Angeles and anyone should feel totally and completely comfortable living here. BTW I live in the very southwestern edge which I guess if Glendale had a "bad" part this would be it - and I feel 100% safe - and BTW I grew up in a rich, nice suburb in Houston - I wasn't used to urban places. The further north you go it only gets better. There is a reason homes here are so expensive.

Yes, Armenians can be rude and can drive very..agressively.. and yes there are alot of hispanics .. but let me put it this way.. this is the only place where I would feel totally and completely safe walking around all areas of town even at 3-4am in the morning .. no matter what..

Last edited by Tasksgirl; 06-05-2008 at 01:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles