Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 08:26 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnorman67 View Post
On the count of three, let us all just lie down and take it. I can't park where I live? Let us park where we live and live where we park. Home sweet parkin' home.
If you can convince the Hispanic population not to re elect the Hispanic Mayor, and can elect an official who can run the city without depending on ticket revnue, you mght have a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 12:20 AM

92 posts, read 409,497 times
Another Los Feliz resident here. Parking in this area can be rough, but we all go through it. I'm afraid I echo the "just pay it" sentiment. Anarchy rules, but the city of Los Angeles reigns.

PS Watch out for street cleaning days.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:56 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,664,460 times
c'mon now!!! this is just silly. i think parking enforcement and red zones pre-date villagairosa. utter silliness (by the way i dont think he will be relected.)

anyhow OP, you did the crime, now pay the fine.

parking sucks, but it does come with big city life. live somewhere less dense if it becomes such a hassle. pay for a parking spot. ditch the car and ride a bike.

most of us here in LA learned to read street signs, and when we knowingly break the law, we dont complain about it. just suck it up. did you really expect to get away with it? someitmes sure, but this time you got burnt. just suck it up and learn your lesson.

red curb = no parking
blue curb= handi-capable parking
yellow curb= loading
white curb = loading people?
green curb = temporary. usually 15 minutes.
stipped curb= bad acid

also
a red light means stop. and yellow is slow down, not speed up. you will save yourself an accident and an infraction if you remeber this. i just hope you dont have any more run-ins. it trully is a waste of money for us, but not for the city.

just respect the rules and welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
If you can convince the Hispanic population not to re elect the Hispanic Mayor, and can elect an official who can run the city without depending on ticket revnue, you mght have a chance.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:43 AM

Yes, red zones. etc, pre-date Tony the Pony but the City was capable of running without the revenues of parking/traffic infractions. There was no such thing as a "tiger team". Yes, we got parking tickets, but the City had other revenue and higher priorities than traffic violations.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:45 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaEscritora View Post

PS Watch out for street cleaning days.

YES! You better do! I got TWO tickets for that ! The second one because they cleaned the other side of the street the following day and not on the same day

Old 09-17-2008, 09:52 PM

2 posts, read 16,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Interesting. I'll have to keep my eyes open for that one. Keep in mind, however, that your observation does not render my statement false.
Just curious.... I am new to L.A. and was parked in a red zone to drop someone off in front of Cedars Sinai Hospital. A parking enforcement car pulled up next to me and did not get out of the car. I drove off before she could but I have heard that they can still give you a ticket that comes in the mail (as long as they got your license plate number).

I was told the ticket is over a hundred dollars but reading the last few blogs I read around $65-75 is Cedars Sinai considered West Hollywood? Does anyone know what how much this lovely little surprise is going to cost?

Thanks...
=)

Old 09-18-2008, 07:47 AM

Cedars-Sinai is LA. My street cleaning ticket was $50. I hope they get you on evading since it was an avoidable ticket. Why would you pull into the red when there are passenger loading and unloading zones?

Old 09-28-2008, 09:49 PM

2 posts, read 16,617 times
The person I dropped off was handicapped and there were not any spaces in the unloading zone. So, really it was not avoidable, but thanks for your negative energy on hoping I get a ticket. Why would you wish something bad on someone? I was doing a friend a favor that needed a ride to a Dr. appointment, and you hope they get me? Really nice of you.....

Old 01-09-2009, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 7,762 times
What if just your bumper was parked in the red zone because the car in front of you was parked at the very back of his space? Can you fight & win that ticket? Mid-Wilshire.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELanza View Post
What if just your bumper was parked in the red zone because the car in front of you was parked at the very back of his space? Can you fight & win that ticket? Mid-Wilshire.
Doubtful. Most wouldn't have bothered if it was just your bumper, but legally the ticket is legit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles