Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 10:43 AM

3,321 posts, read 7,933,742 times

Advertisements

Why would you be able to get out of a parking ticket because there was no parking available? How is that an argument? Judge will say you should have parked further away and walked. Not too sure what you except in many parts of LA...parking tends to suck. Get use to it or get a bike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 10:50 AM

28 posts, read 50,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Why would you be able to get out of a parking ticket because there was no parking available? How is that an argument? Judge will say you should have parked further away and walked. Not too sure what you except in many parts of LA...parking tends to suck. Get use to it or get a bike.
ya, dub is right, unfortunately...officials tend to be impartial to personal inconvenience - too bad it isn't mayberry. lol. don't get me wrong tho - it does suck, good luck!

Old 09-16-2010, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,330 times
Street cleaning tickets are way to much for people to pay. 65$ is way to much. People need to take care of themselves and buy food to survive. Did the people at city hall ask everybody if this set fine was ok? I would agree with 15 dollars or something. Nobody would agree with 65$. This level of control is too much. Legalize marijuana if you want money don't try to control the public's right to live healthy and have money for themselves. I have made some calls and it seems the only way to make this change is to get a mass number of people together and burn down city hall or something. Those big ass street cleaning trucks don't do ****. There is a huge brush that turns and moves all the litter around and leaves it behind. You telling me I have to pay for that piece of ****? Totally sick of this control from the city and government. How can people not have risen against this yet? Do people enjoy paying that kind of money for bull**** street cleaning? Its insane! Start becoming more aware people of what kind of system you live in. Don't be cattle! Rise up.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:39 AM

2 posts, read 3,459 times
Default Parking Ticket at West Hollywood public Libray

I got today a ticket for parking at West Hollywood library , parking lot.
I read the signs. Everything seems okay. There was no sign saying - NO LIBRARY PARKING!
There was a sign saying Library Staff needs Permit.
When i came out, they issue me a ticket of $50! STUCKS! It was my first and last time at this f....king Library!
I guest they make over $1000 every day at that lot!
I call the library to inform them. They said i will have to call the city! I ask them to put up a sign, so that innocent people will not fall in this trap. They said i will have to request the sign from the city.
BOYCOTT WEHO!

Old 05-24-2011, 04:10 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,518,690 times
You can not fight and win.
I was once issued a parking ticket that stated I parked in front of my driveway and it labeled my address correctly. I went before the judge and showed him pictures of my home with no driveway. My garage was accessed by means of a alley. Does not matter what proof, the judge is a money maker for the city.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,470 times
one week ago i recived a parking notice in the mail from a place that i never been before when i called the person whom answered the phone told me that i don't have 1 ticket but two i don't know what to do those tickets have all my car information but on those dates i was driving it (cause is my work truck) in another city.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:36 AM

49 posts, read 159,057 times
Funny thing happened to me. When i got my first car, i drove to my insurance company to get it covered that same day. I got a ticket in the parking lot for $50 in Hawthorne.. Isn't that something!

Old 02-06-2013, 09:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,390 times
Does the city of Long Beach have the authority to impound or deny registration for unpaid parking citations issued to a California resident residing outside the City of Long Beach and the County of Los Angeles?

Old 02-06-2013, 11:00 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,930,063 times
Yes, it can impound, but only the DMV can deny registration.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:26 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,499,398 times
to elaborate, Long Beach, LACo, can request nonrenewal, pursuant to 4760(a)(1)vc

Quote:
4760. (a) (1) Except as provided in subdivision (b) or (d), the department shall refuse to renew the registration of a vehicle if the registered owner or lessee has been mailed a notice of delinquent parking violation relating to standing or parking, the processing agency has filed or electronically transmitted to the department an itemization of unpaid parking penalties, including administrative fees pursuant to Section 40220, and the owner or lessee has not paid the parking penalty and administrative fee pursuant to Section 40211, unless he or she pays to the department, at the time of application for renewal, the full amount of all outstanding parking penalties and administrative fees, as shown by records of the department.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles