Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2017, 05:10 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

Nice to see this happening . Anything would be an improvement over how it is now .

---
At its center will be the former May Co./Macy's, which will be transformed into a steely gray building with vertical windows and an indoor atrium reminiscent of the historic Bradbury Building in Los Angeles.

To the north and east will be an L-shaped complex containing 642 apartments and pocket parks.

And on the southwest corner will be a diagonal tree-lined Main Street, with a movie theater, gym and art galleries, as well as nearly 300,000 square feet of retail shops and restaurants, with offshoots to public plazas green spaces.

http://www.dailynews.com/business/20...ey-renaissance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 08:41 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,510,807 times
WOW.. I haven't seen that many caucasians in one group in that area in over 25 years....

Old 04-10-2017, 10:53 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,248,190 times
excellent. new developments, higher property values, more and more people get pushed into Lancaster. LOL!

Old 04-10-2017, 12:04 PM

I imagine the project will do well since there are already some nice parts of the valley surrounding it .
Studio city , valley village and Burbank .
Anything would be better than what is there now .

Old 04-11-2017, 10:29 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,610,850 times
Is there really enough money in that area to support such a development?
People from the affluent areas nearby will just go to Sherman Oaks or Burbank or over the hill to the Grove and Century City.
Certainly it would be an improvement over the eyesore the area has been for years, but I don't know if the financial base is there in that part of the Valley.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Is there really enough money in that area to support such a development?
People from the affluent areas nearby will just go to Sherman Oaks or Burbank or over the hill to the Grove and Century City.
Certainly it would be an improvement over the eyesore the area has been for years, but I don't know if the financial base is there in that part of the Valley.
I think so . Valley Village is pretty expensive and there is a lot going on in the NoHo Arts district a lot of new development . There is a huge development planned for NoHo arts district too . This NoHo West development is not right in the NoHo arts district but close.
There is the Sherman oaks mall and galleria true but this seems to be a bit different of a concept and should have different retail/ dining options .
There aren't really any mixed use projects like this in the valley that I can think of .
Going over the hill to the Grove or Century City is a big hassle especially with the traffic . Not too convenient
It'll be interesting to see what happens .

Last edited by jm1982; 04-12-2017 at 09:42 AM..

Old 04-12-2017, 10:52 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
excellent. new developments, higher property values, more and more people get pushed into Lancaster. LOL!
Welcome to the big city.. Always changing, never staying the same.

But you got it wrong. Supply and Demand. I know it's gonna be pricey, but that's because supply is still low. If this happened decades ago without people pushing to keep L.A. stagnant then maybe it would be different..

Old 04-14-2017, 05:03 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,610,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I think so . Valley Village is pretty expensive and there is a lot going on in the NoHo Arts district a lot of new development . There is a huge development planned for NoHo arts district too . This NoHo West development is not right in the NoHo arts district but close.
There is the Sherman oaks mall and galleria true but this seems to be a bit different of a concept and should have different retail/ dining options .
There aren't really any mixed use projects like this in the valley that I can think of .
Going over the hill to the Grove or Century City is a big hassle especially with the traffic . Not too convenient
It'll be interesting to see what happens .
People who live in the NoHo arts district and Valley Village could always go to Burbank Town Center as well as the Sherman Oaks Mall and Galleria.

Old 04-14-2017, 06:58 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,131,516 times
Excuse me. I thought this was a topic about North Hollywood increased enforcement of anti-prostitution laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles