Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 03:36 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,193,073 times

Advertisements

You do not want to live on HIghland, it would be nearly impossible to even back out of your driveway in the mornings because traffic is so bad. Los Feliz is very nice, especially around Franklin. Since money is apparently not an issue for you, you may prefer the address in the hills as it will offer a bit more privacy over living in/near the village. As for Studio City, weather in the SFV can vary greatly. The eastern SFV (where Studio City is located) is usually much cooler than the western SFV (Woodland Hills, Encino, Tarzana, etc.). Los Feliz is not very far from Studio City though and the temps there are not going to going to vary too much. If it gets to 100 in either location, which isn't too often, that is a very hot day. Most summer days will make it into the 90s though. Westwood will be much cooler as it is only a few miles from the coast. However, Warner is very close to UCLA and Wilshire. Traffic in that area can be some of the worst in the city. There are certainly some nice homes in that area though, in fact, you'd probably wouldn't be that far from the Playboy and Spelling Mansions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 06:55 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,613,090 times
So, Nysee, we are all impressed that you have a "celebrity realtor", now that you will be moving to LA instead of -pick one- Wisconsin,Chicago,Boston,Cleavland, will you be narrowing down your professions ? Which will you be now? A doctor, A realtor,A financial advisor, a photographer, a single mom/ or married to a doctor or will you just be a contractor? You are so busy with all these professions, how DO you find the time for all your long posts?

Last edited by nanannie; 08-07-2008 at 07:04 PM..

Old 08-08-2008, 12:28 PM

409 posts, read 1,517,872 times
Hi Nanannie,

We think we are indeed going to move to Los Angeles. I am still figuring out how I am going to do my homebuilding. I am planning on bringing on my father to act as CEO because he lives in Cleveland and it would be an easy move otherwise my partner will step up as CEO. I have a brokers license, but I am not affiliated with a brokerage. I never said I was a financial advisor, photographer, and I absolutely never ever said I was a single mom. I am married to a man I met in medical school and he is a doctor, I don't understand why you constantly question me, I don't question you or follow you around the forum.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:07 AM

31 posts, read 156,830 times
You asked about top notch public schools near West Hills. Check out the Las Virgenes Unified School District which serves a small part of West Hills, and also Hidden Hills, Calabasas and Agoura. LVUSD is considered prestigious and when I was a kid people were paying $100,000 more to be on the LVUSD side of the line rather than in LA Unified.

LVUSD has really high standards and the students come from the local community (as opposed to being bused in), and this creates a stronger community and fosters parent involvement. Calabasas has a beautiful shopping center called the Commons that you might want to check out. Calabasas is also a 20 minute drive from the beaches of Malibu.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:48 AM

689 posts, read 2,581,797 times
One of the keys to being happy in SoCal is to live as close as possible to where you work. Look into some of the Ventura County communities along the LA/Ventura county border. All of these areas have a better school district than those in the San Fernando Valley area. All of the valley is actually city of Los Angeles and Los Angeles Unifed school district. The school district name in the border Ventura county areas escapes me now, Conejo maybe.
Communties in this area include:
Bell Canyon, gated horse community that is pricey.
Hidden Hills, even more exclusive gated horse community.
Oak Park, good family oriented area.
Agoura Hills, in LA county but not LA uni, similar to Oak Park.
Thousand Oaks, actually includes many areas like Westlake Village, Newbury Park, Lake Sherwood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles