Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 01:20 PM

2 posts, read 10,843 times

Advertisements

hey all its going to happen to norwalk its just going to get worst and worst i use to live in east la and in a couple of urs its going be like that in like in a couple of years , **** youngsters be carrying guns and they dont do nothing they just send them to juvy for like 3 months so yeah u could move back to norwalk its nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2007, 03:58 PM

196 posts, read 1,236,952 times
La Mirada is one of the few good places remaining in south east Los Angeles. Is really nice, very far and close to suburban OC but still worth it.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:57 PM

76 posts, read 283,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBasketball1 View Post
Sounds pretty grim, the tone could change, if young people had the Lord. I'm not imposing religion on anyone, only expressing a personal opinion.
i totally agree

Old 04-11-2007, 04:06 PM

2 posts, read 10,897 times
Default La Mirada/Whittier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducktales View Post
Oh my God. I cant believe this. Norwalk used to be good and now this. Is there a big gang problem there and is it because its near Whittier and La Mirada? I have heard bad things about those two cities.

More info please?
La Mirada is nice. Typical family neighborhoods, predominantly White, hispanics are the second most populous group, sprinkled in Asians, Blacks, etc. Low crime rate, quiet city (city council never approves major chain restaurants, as to prevent non-residents from coming in too frequently). Has a "tough" part; by tough, I mean $400K houses, as opposed to the $500K average homes and the $1 mil+ horse properties. The tough area borders Santa Fe Springs and Norwalk, the latter being a pretty rough city. In addition, it's one of those cities whose residents are really involved in civic things, like the events, sports, things like that. Sometimes it's weird, like a small town in the middle of the suburbs, with the good (very involved citizens) and bad (everyone knows your business).

Whittier has everything from really bad, gang-infested areas, to multi-million dollar homes in the hills, and everything in between.

Aside from the really bad parts of Whittier, both places are nice, as nice as any average suburb in America.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:10 PM

2 posts, read 10,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clp63 View Post
Bad things about La Mirada? Are you serious? The crime rate is low...the community is awesome. The majority of people are friendly. I'd say 80% of the residents grew up here, loved it so much they stayed. La Mirada does not even compare to Norwalk!
People always laugh about how small town La Mirada seems. Aside from a "tough" area (people from real tough areas laugh at our "ghetto"), it's a solid place.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:20 AM

1,749 posts, read 8,336,051 times
Metropolitan Hospital Detox has great food. Marylin Monroe's mother was there for years too.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:03 PM

17 posts, read 76,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer68 View Post
Metropolitan Hospital Detox has great food. Marylin Monroe's mother was there for years too.
Where the heck is that at?

Old 05-02-2007, 11:01 PM

186 posts, read 352,683 times
I was raised in South Central Los Angeles and I its hilarious how you guys think Norwalk is "rough." Do you fear for your life on an everyday basis when you drive through the city of Norwalk? And if you do you might as well live in a shell. Most of the kids you see on the street dress in hip hop garb but the vast majority are not hard core gang members. Calling "norwalk horrendous" is funny. There are only a few really dangerous parts of town and most of them are in South Central Los Angeles and in the Valley. Norwalk is by no means dangerous. Problem with America----Most Americans are afraid of everything--terrorist, gangs, immigrants,blacks, ect.--Relax people!!

Old 05-05-2007, 12:07 AM

2 posts, read 10,843 times
Default **** sour creams puro sela

this foo with his south central u dont even now whats happening in norwalk if u did u wounldnt say nothing cause in s.e.a a school in norwalk there having riots its south central and east l.a againts south east and the homeboys is throuing it down for there city and i know people that come from south central and be banging in norwalk

Old 05-05-2007, 01:47 AM

5 posts, read 23,345 times
La Mirada is definitely much nicer than Norwalk. Whittier, it really depends on the area, but it's definitely on a down swing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles