Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 06:21 PM

111 posts, read 464,493 times

Advertisements

My opinion is that smaller city cops are bigger A-holes. They feel they have to prove more, they have the little man complex, they got more time on their hands.......

Big city cops, NYC, LA etc....seem to be a little more laid back....*as long as you arent robbing somebody, youre fine* attitude....I did a very illegal u-turn in front of a squad car today....it didn't even phase him...

the one time i had to talk to an LAPD officer it was also very laid back. Good manners, polite, down to earth......didnt have that tense/stiff feel that you so often get when outta town...

Anyone here ever got an A-hole cop? (here in LA) I wanna know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 09:02 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,065,191 times
I'd love to hear your response when you need the police and they call you an hour later asking of you still need them. Or when they actually show up and they spend most of their time talking you out of making a report. Of course, they are laid back. They are not actually fighting crime. They are writing tickets and socializing. Officers in smaller towns are actually fighting crime and that's why they seem to be a--holes.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:59 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,620,395 times
yes, yes i have.
get punk cops quite a bit.

and with respect to your experience, mine is quite the contrary. and dont forget: interaction with law enforcement is contingent on many many factors. many.

except thinking LA cops or "big city cops" are more "laid back" is simplistic, and ridiculous. most cops that i know, or have come to know, are not laid back. maybe when off duty, but even then, they could be dix. or "a-holes" . theyre my homeboys too, but dammmmm the mess ive seen and heard is far from "laid back".

tho cops in LA like to waste your time sometimes, they are tryin to keep us safe. and they have a hard job. an LA sheriffs deputy was just killed outside his home in cypress park. i knew him. his burial is friday. its hard.

i would say my experience with cops has been only 20% pleasant, "laid back, or polite. but even then i jus always try to remeber that just cuz some cops are a-holes dont mean they all are. they are some good guys. ii just try to remeber that...

ooooo, and to
keep my hands where their eyes can see'em

Old 08-07-2008, 12:37 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,854,423 times
I never had any run-ins with the LAPD, but I certainly don't trust them from what I've seen in the movies.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:02 AM

oh man!!! you better start living in the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
I never had any run-ins with the LAPD, but I certainly don't trust them from what I've seen in the movies.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:28 AM

1,150 posts, read 2,688,209 times
I had a run-in on Sunset round about LaBrea with a real bad LAPD egg. As soon as he ran my license and got the secret "Bush/Cheney/Mikey Mukaka hater" alert, he really played rough with me and he looked and acted just like Rocky Balboa on serious steroids or something. He made me get out of the car and stand on the sidewalk and stuff. The worst part was when he made me lift up my shirt and show him my bare chest. Wow, that's when what crossed my mind was, "Oh geez, I guess he's a GAY Rocky Balboa with roid-rage from Hollywood".

Old 08-07-2008, 01:53 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,854,423 times
And what do you mean by that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
oh man!!! you better start living in the real world.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:49 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,733,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woogexx View Post
My opinion is that smaller city cops are bigger A-holes. They feel they have to prove more, they have the little man complex, they got more time on their hands.......

Big city cops, NYC, LA etc....seem to be a little more laid back....*as long as you arent robbing somebody, youre fine* attitude....I did a very illegal u-turn in front of a squad car today....it didn't even phase him...

the one time i had to talk to an LAPD officer it was also very laid back. Good manners, polite, down to earth......didnt have that tense/stiff feel that you so often get when outta town...

Anyone here ever got an A-hole cop? (here in LA) I wanna know
Smaller city cops are probably a-holes because they are bored and on a power trip.
Big city cops are probably a-holes because they are on a power trip and are EXTREMELY tense from not knowing what to expect.

Cops are just like regular people, in that some are cool, and some are jerks. The difference is they have a badge, a gun, and a lot more credibility.
With that said, I just stay out of the way. You don't wanna p iss off a cop whos one of the jerks.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:27 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,065,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
And what do you mean by that?
Meaning that movies are not reality. You can't judge most things by movies with the rare exception of those "based on a true story". Now, if you had said, "from what I've seen on the news, I don't trust them". That would have been a response based on reality and not a fantasy.

That said, I wouldn't trust an LAPD police officer and this is based on numerous experiences which I will not share. But suffice it to say that if you are not White in LA, don't trust LAPD. oh, and follow earlier advice "keep your hands where they can be seen".

Old 08-07-2008, 12:34 PM

they make you lift your shirt to check for tats. check for weapons. im sure some get a kick out of it. i've even had a cop pat down in a very "friendly" manner. if you catch my drift... i dont blame them. its a tuff job and you get jaded real quick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles