Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 10:57 PM

1 posts, read 15,610 times

Advertisements

Hi! I am interested in Hacienda heights, CA ...does anyone have any information about the area in terms of safety and access to downtown LA and rent prices of the area and the makeup of the residents of the area? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 11:24 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,241,132 times
Why Hacienda Heights?

Anyway as for race about 1/3 is Asian(I'm pretty sure mostly Korean) 1/3 Hispanic and 1/3 White.

It should be pretty safe, I'd guess safer than average. A suburb with a lot of amenities. You have an Ikea and the West Covina mall close by as well as a Buddhist temple.

You'd be taking the 60 west into downtown and I haven't taken it personally during rush hour, but I don't think it's pretty. Doable yes, but I'm guessing about an hour each way on average.

I'd assume rent is on par with most areas outside of LA. About 800-1200 for a 1 BR. and about 1000-1500+ for a 2br.

Last edited by harhar; 08-21-2008 at 12:26 AM..

Old 08-21-2008, 12:12 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,684,849 times
decent area, but pretty far from LA.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:12 PM

19 posts, read 116,113 times
my sister takes the Foothill Transit 493 at the Puente Hills Mall (very close to Hacienda Hts.) to get to downtown LA for work every weekday, and it only takes about 45 min. each way... now I don't remember this correctly, but you can take 60W, 405W, then 10 (i really forgot which direction), and it'll take you to downtown LA pretty fast...

I recommend Hacienda Hts., I just love that city! It's safe and has a lot of great restaurants.

Old 08-22-2008, 02:52 PM

689 posts, read 2,572,080 times
Hacienda Heights is east of LA off of the Pomona Freeway (60). Nice suburban area above a very industrial area in City of Industry. From Hacienda Heights to downtown LA is a bad commute, only real option is the 60 east into downtown. You can go up to the 10 but this is not a much better option. I don't know about rent prices in the area, I actually don't recall that many apartment buildings in Hacienda Heights. Hacienda Heights has a pretty diverse ethnic make up with whites, latinos and asians in similar numbers as other areas in the San Gabriel Valley. The asian population is growing fast and is mostly chinese. Lots of the industrial/wharehouse places nearby are owned by Chinese or Taiwanese people. All in all a good place to live if you work in the general area.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:30 PM

2 posts, read 18,366 times
Hi, I live in Hacienda Heights, great neighborhood, very safe when you live on the south side of the 60 away from la puente. And there are quite a few apartments there, I am looking into them myself at the moment. And the area is very diverse, it's when you get closer to rowland heights, by the puente hills mall (closest mall), is where the majority of people are asians. Most of my family work in downtown L.A, it takes them about 45 min- 1 hr. there and back, in the summer the freeway isn't as bad my husband usually gets home in 30-40 min.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:45 PM

45 posts, read 217,870 times
The commute to LA isn't far by distance, but by traffic can be really brutal (60 west)

The town is quite safe! A great neighborhood and GREAT food options (Hispanic and Chinese food are plentiful here. And I mean REAL ethnic food) It is also rapidly developing so new "hip" places such as Lee's Sandwiches, Yogurtland, Aijsen Ramen, Guppies, etc are being built or have been built recently.

Unfortunately, The Puente Hills Mall is a sad fading icon =/ but efforts are being made to remodel the whole mall inside out.

I lived in Hacienda Heights ever since I was 6 years old and I love it there.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:17 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,019,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urksher View Post
The commute to LA isn't far by distance, but by traffic can be really brutal (60 west)

The town is quite safe! A great neighborhood and GREAT food options (Hispanic and Chinese food are plentiful here. And I mean REAL ethnic food) It is also rapidly developing so new "hip" places such as Lee's Sandwiches, Yogurtland, Aijsen Ramen, Guppies, etc are being built or have been built recently.

Unfortunately, The Puente Hills Mall is a sad fading icon =/ but efforts are being made to remodel the whole mall inside out.

I lived in Hacienda Heights ever since I was 6 years old and I love it there.

lol, I know the owner of guppies... I did some work on that place... As far as the mall, it may not be the hang out spot like in the 90's but that place is still packed most of the time; it's not going anywhere.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:21 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,019,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceeater View Post
my sister takes the Foothill Transit 493 at the Puente Hills Mall (very close to Hacienda Hts.)

Sff, that bus is a joke, I think that line runs once per hour...

Old 09-16-2010, 07:17 PM

1 posts, read 13,666 times
Hacienda Heights is a hidden OASIS. The most beautiful areas are South of the 60 FWY. This is where you can find estate multi million dollar homes, beautiful condo/town homes and a Buddhist Temple. Thursday thru Sat night you'll see Lamborghinis, Bentleys, and Maserati's on the road, or parked at the local restaurants, such as the infamous Guppy House and many others. Porsche's, Mercedes and BMW are the most commonly driven upscale cars driven in the area of Hacienda Heights. Then there's the recognizable "run around" cars that those Bentley owners will drive during the day around town. You will also see Vespa's, and a lot of cyclists on Colima on any given day primarily during sun down. Colima People in the city seem active, healthy and could use a custom gym, other than a unique NON chain Italian restaurant, it's about the only thing missing since 24hr fitness bordering Rowland Heights is slacking on the dress code and the crowd can look a bit ghetto sometimes. I agree with the above that the there's an equal amount of Asian, White & Hispanic races in the area. However there seems to be a recent drastic increase in (German, Italian, British, Swedish, Polish, etc..) population nearest to Azusa and Colima. They dress trendy, speak at least 3 languages, look hip and are quite pleasing to the eyes. You will see them walking a lot. You will also see the Asian elderly walking a lot which is quite cute really. Especially because they carry those little umbrellas. I'm glad the over sized sun visors are now a thing of the past. The Buddhist temple is just breath taking and Richard Gere has a vacation home just a few blocks away. There are some fantastic condominiums nestled between Countrywood and ending just a block past Halliburton. This area is 22 miles from Sunset Blvd and Sunset Plaza drive so it's about a 25 min drive if you know when to commute. Downtown Los Angeles is a cake walk again like all of LA & OC county it depends on when you head what direction. There's a new football stadium going in around the 60/57 fwys in the coming years so it looks like people in the Heights may not have to go too far to see a game now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles