Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:44 PM

52 posts, read 205,913 times

Advertisements

Of course you don't have to do anything about it. Dads are here for a reason: to pay for everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 08:49 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,073,440 times
There's paying and then there's paying.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:03 PM

3 posts, read 65,853 times
Smile Pay or Contest

Well you can always contest tickets in court. For advice on how to behave in court to maximize your chances see http://annoyingparkingticket.blogspot.com

Old 09-10-2008, 05:11 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,931,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhi View Post
I accumulated a few parking tickets. My car isnt registered in California and I'll probably never register it here. What happens if I don't pay it? I live and work here, I have a car here but the title has my dads name (who has a residence in Texas). Should I just not do anything about it?

Don't pay them at all. Since your car is registered in another state, there is nothing that they will do to you, unless you get too many tickets within a city limit. each city has a limit as to how many outst parking tickets that you can have. it might be 3,5 maybe. when you get that 5th violation, your car would either be towed or have a boot put on it (immovable). if you don't pay your outst fines plus penalties, the booted car will be towed. if you have a registered calif tag, they will not let you renew your registration until you've paid your outst tickets.
if they put the unpaid violation on your credit report (some do), just contest it with the credit bureau and have it removed.
to the person who said that an arrest warant would be issued for your dad, that is false. the gov't has more to deal with than outst parking tickets, how about real crime and illegal immigration? even if you are stopped for a moving violation, those outst. parking tickets do not show up when the officer is writing the citation for moving violation.
texas doesn't care if you have outst violations in calif, unless they are MOVING violations.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:28 PM

422 posts, read 1,813,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
the gov't has more to deal with than outst parking tickets, how about real crime and illegal immigration?
So, illegal immigration isn't a real crime?

Old 09-11-2008, 01:31 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,931,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubancoffee View Post
So, illegal immigration isn't a real crime?
no sorry, that's not what i meant. i consider the illegal immigration in socal to be so widespread that it is in a category all unto itself. that's what i meant by separating it out from other crimes.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:48 PM

50,069 posts, read 46,625,795 times
How about not parking illegally so you don't get any more tickets? WTH are you doing that you keep getting tickets? I had a roommate like you once and it took him a huge fine and getting the car impounded to pull his head out. If it gets impounded you can tack a grand on what it's going to take you to get the car back. I pray my kid is more responsible than this.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:58 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,817,682 times
Pay the tickets. You don't want to give the police incentive to pull you over or impound your car.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:10 PM

640 posts, read 3,067,480 times
Ok, so I just found out that my daughter had a parking ticket a few months ago in LA and it wasn't paid. In the meantime she moved to FL and just received a notice, forwarded to her about her unpaid ticket. Unbelievably, they want $800 dollars now. What a racket. The question is, what happens if she doesn't pay this fine? It's hard to believe they can do anything if she moved out of state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles