Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:39 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,089,189 times

Advertisements

I'm watching the news and the traffic announcer said that there was an accident in the car pool lane of the 10 at San Gabriel Ave and the back up was all the way to the 60! This is ridiculous! The car pool lane on the 10 has a lane between the regular traffic and the carpool lane. There is no reason why an accident in the car pool lane should back traffic up that much unless we backed up with the looky lous. Oh did I forget to mention that traffic on the opposite side was backed as well? People go where you need to go the people in the accident don't need an audience!

Am I the only one who feels this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 08:15 AM

1,714 posts, read 6,042,537 times
I'm a-tellin' you, it's crazy how people act, especially in traffic. And the looky-Lou folks might be the craziest of all.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:19 AM

514 posts, read 1,437,895 times
looky lou's are the worse.Thay back up traffic for miles

Old 09-04-2008, 01:16 PM

30 posts, read 90,295 times
lol@ looky lous. people do that everywhere though...you wouldnt believe the way people slow down and stare on the highways here, even if its just a car being pulled over on the side of the road!

Old 09-04-2008, 02:55 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,717,234 times
It's one thing if you are on a semi-open highway and there is a car stranded and you glance to see if they need help(if you are into that kinda thing where you could end up being killed by some stranger...)

But the people who stop and slow down to look at an accident on the FWY where paramedics are already on the scene must be lacking some action in their lives. They get what..? 2 secs of "ooh" a front end smahed on a nissan altima and 1 sec of "aah" from a rear ended truck with slight tailgate damage....gimme a break...

/rant

Old 09-04-2008, 06:57 PM

422 posts, read 1,815,929 times
Salsa311 is right. People do this EVERYWHERE. Might as well get used to it.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:59 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,221,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubancoffee View Post
Salsa311 is right. People do this EVERYWHERE. Might as well get used to it.
That's right, because most people won't stop doing it. I agree that it's annoying and not necessary, but what are you going to do?

Old 09-05-2008, 07:13 AM

689 posts, read 2,576,813 times
Just to play devil's advocate. If there is an accident on the side of the freeway where you are driving it is important to slow down and give some space to the emergency workers who are out there in harms way. The "slow for the cone zone" thing. I'm not talking about coming to a stop and taking a picture with your cell phone slow, but you do need to take it easy. Also if some of the nut jobs I see on the road slow down enough to take a look at what can happen to them when they smash up there cars then that's a good thing.

Now slowing down and taking a look from the other side of the freeway, that's another thing. The area where the OP was talking about not only has a center divider but there is a Metro train track running down the middle of the freeway. What are you going to see from the other side. Sitting in that traffic jam and looking up to see a Metro train speeding by will make you rethink your commute.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:32 AM

352 posts, read 482,052 times
Oh yah its annoying as H*ll ! But it's not going to change unfortunately !

What about in rural areas when there is a brush fire or something ? The dumb people slow down and have to "ooh and ahhh" at it . In my area one time, I went past a brush fire along a freeway , they hadn't closed the
freeway yet . I made sure I zipped thru there ASAP.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:44 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,089,189 times
I can understand looking if you can take a quick peek, but slowing is just nosy and morbid. And thank you, streetscenes for pointing out that looky lous are on the opposite side, where slow down isn't necessary.

Anyone see the brilliant person who went over the side of the 210? I don't get one car accidents, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: