Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 04:33 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,725,861 times

Advertisements

Total sarcasm.

I'm basically saying when we get robbed we wish the worst to the person or people who have done it. If we all sought revenge on random people(like how they usually do) we could feel better about our situation, and when we feel better, but get robbed again...we can just go rob someone else. Kinda like a huge bartering system without the communication or something. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 04:40 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,718,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
Total sarcasm.

I'm basically saying when we get robbed we wish the worst to the person or people who have done it. If we all sought revenge on random people(like how they usually do) we could feel better about our situation, and when we feel better, but get robbed again...we can just go rob someone else. Kinda like a huge bartering system without the communication or something. lol
Okay, I get it. Much better than apathy.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:44 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
My heartfelt sympathies to Sandyco and the others posters here who've suffered egregious thefts. Yes, there is crime everywhere, but there are specific reasons for some locales becoming more crime-ridden.

At one point in time I used to explain to my out of town niece why there seemed to be more crazies in L.A. with simple statistics: if 2% of all populations everywhere are psychotic, then it stands that a megacity with millions of people will seem to have more psychotics in residence.

Nowadays, this empirical evidence has paled before the uncomfortable fact that many don't wish to face, particularly in the S. F. Valley which used to be the affordable bedroom community of all L.A., with pleasant and yes, diverse neighborhoods of American citizens both born and naturalized. Our status as a sanctuary city (with 300 illegals arriving daily) has promoted an ever increasing demographic of lawbreakers, with their mindset of getting away with breaking laws in general. Sad but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
No, it wasn't always a pit. Way back before the you-know-whos took over it was a nice place -- there's even that episode of Gidget in the Valley where they're driving around all night in their pajamas looking for a car dealership or something. They even pull over at a gas station where a clean cut White attendant is nice, helpful, and speaks fluent English.

Obligatory posts criticizing illegals/hispanics.

Check!

Old 09-17-2008, 10:45 AM

72,407 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Sorry it happened,Sandy! it happens anywhere.The economy is not that great these days.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:18 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,271,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
My son just bought a car; granted, it's a POS car with a lot of mileage, but it's his first car and he loves it. Part of the attraction was the awesome stereo system - the same stereo system that was stolen from his car last night! The thieves blatantly broke the window, and took everything - the amps, the speakers, the stereo itself... I'm so angry on his behalf!

I'm beginning to think that almost the entire San Fernando Valley is a pit. With the exception of a few spots, like Woodland Hills and Porter Ranch, the rest of the Valley is a cesspool. Maybe my attitude will improve later, but I find this so frustrating.

I'm still at least a year away from being able to move, so I'll just suck it up and deal with it. I'm venting here, because I can't get my hands on the perpetrator. Thanks for reading.
A blank 12 gauge in an alarm mine wired to the back of the unit works a treat!
But remember to remove it at service time.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:34 PM

14 posts, read 62,911 times
They make shatter proof car window film...

Google it.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:28 PM

1,749 posts, read 8,336,051 times
When I lived up in the boonies of San Luis Obispo County, my apartment was broken into. Whomever was in there hit my female roommate when she surprised him in the dark. I moved soon after to a town 20 miles away. I was there a couple of months, my place was broken into again. I actually stayed another year this time. I then moved another 15 miles south to the beach and you guessed it...one more time. I felt so violated each time and it was even worse that I lived in the boonies where these things weren't supposed to happen. Ugh.

I'm sorry to hear that Sandy. I always gravitated to the other side of Ventura Blvd and/or all the way to the east side i.e. Burbank/Toluca Lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles