Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:34 PM

1 posts, read 5,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmlions View Post
So if I drove through Compton would a gangbanger roll up and bust a cap in my a$$? Would I get car jacked or is it safe for me 2 drive through? I wanna take some photo's and do some interviews with people in the street, but I won't if my life is in danger...oh, and i'm white; but not american. Any ideas?

Hire blackwater security, or get a bullet proof vest, an armored humvee, and a m60 machine gun for protection

Old 10-09-2007, 03:52 PM

3 posts, read 22,142 times
COMPTON IS LIKE ANY OTHER CITY!! people just make gangbangin a way of life (trust me i live in a ghetto neiborhood, and am friends with many gangbangers.) if you are going tru compton, try and make it south compton. compton is most known for blood affiliations. DO NOT WEAR BLUE, GREEN, PINK, OR ORANGE!! do not stop in a residential neiborhood, because that is suicide. not to be mean (but you are white) and many people take race as a gang statment. well good luck!

Old 10-14-2007, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 5,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmlions View Post
So if I drove through Compton would a gangbanger roll up and bust a cap in my a$$? Would I get car jacked or is it safe for me 2 drive through? I wanna take some photo's and do some interviews with people in the street, but I won't if my life is in danger...oh, and i'm white; but not american. Any ideas?
look i was born in compton on tha eastside and i pretty much no the area well now if u hear bout any of tha major gang streets dont get close the city iz ruthless. lock ur doors and go quick and try to go during the day and try to stay on the blvd. u should be ite

Old 10-14-2007, 06:13 PM

9 posts, read 83,423 times
k when u say red or blue can u have like a little bit on you like a letter or word or do u mean like don't have any red or blue on u?

Old 10-14-2007, 09:41 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,346,611 times
mainly if you wear a blue/red shirt and/or bandanna. But, to be safe, if I went there, I would wear colors such as bright green, yellow, bright orange, white, black, brown, etc.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:16 PM

413 posts, read 1,845,751 times
I haven't read all the responses and I'm not a California native, though we are moving there in Feb. However, I have been to LA several times and have been through Compton twice during the day. I got turned around with my directions and ended up there by mistake. Nobody messed with us or anything, but my advice would be to stay away from there. I know you mean well (I'm also a film maker so I know how important it is to get the shots and info you need) but, maybe try to find another city to research?
Remember, your an outsider going in to their territory and trying to figure out how to lower violence, they may not take to that well. Some gangbangers you can't reason with and they will see you as a threat. They live in a different world than us, unfortunate, but true. As much as I love filming and I will do anything to get the data I need- still you gotta remember your life is more important than any shot.
If you DO go I wish you the best of luck. One more thing, the bible wont stop a bullet.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:56 PM

22 posts, read 76,141 times
Ha, Ha! If you have to ask this question, you are dead!! I advise you to go to Compton with a native who can watch your back. There are areas to avoid. If you are taking pictures to show people you are cool, don't even bother. Comptonians do not like those kind of people. If you are there to help, maybe the mayor will roll out the red carpet for you! Compton is so much better than it used to be. There have been many people going there to make the neigborhood better. What are you trying to accomplish?

Old 10-16-2007, 01:27 PM

118 posts, read 465,407 times
Default I'm ashamed that this could exist.

It's a crying shame that we have cities like this in the USA. The living conditions and culture in parts of the USA worse than a third world country. Never, not in a million years, would you have such a place like this in Europe.
We need to police our own country before we try to police other countries.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:47 PM

39 posts, read 146,090 times
Don't go past 6:00 PM walk up to UN-suspicous people and you should be fine. Compton does have a bad name because of gangsta-rap but there are beautiful places there.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:52 AM

1,749 posts, read 8,337,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criss1956 View Post
It's a crying shame that we have cities like this in the USA. The living conditions and culture in parts of the USA worse than a third world country. Never, not in a million years, would you have such a place like this in Europe.
We need to police our own country before we try to police other countries.
When was the last time you went to Europe and where did you go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles