Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2008, 12:48 AM

28 posts, read 79,044 times

Advertisements

hey guys wanted to see what u thought of my situation
so i hear aLOT of bad stuff about LA, but every big city's got their own problems (including our own but i wont get into it)
- but there's one thing that's got me a little worried, see i'm hispanic and i hear there's some kinda racial war goin on over there with blacks .. . is this true?

i'll be relocating, by myself, to LA for a media internship and then move up to the bay area in SF when i'm able to
i already got an actual job there planned out but i'm only 22 n i can only bring in 2grand a month, is that enough for a studio apt in an area decent enough? i got a nice gt ride i dont anyone to mess with

i was gonna take a trip up there for a day or 2 n get a feel for it
hope i'm ready for it, i'm a slim guy and haven't had to fight since like middle school lol

i'd like to soak in the city while i'm there
meet people go clubbin walk the city be spontaneous but .. idk this looks like a city where i gotta watch my back everywhere i go----- curse my southern hospitality

Last edited by blackitout; 09-16-2008 at 01:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 01:09 AM

1,203 posts, read 4,410,744 times
You can live in Koreatown... maybe 900 for a studio. It's going to be hard to pay for everything else you need with that budget.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:43 AM

1,287 posts, read 5,016,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackitout View Post
hey guys wanted to see what u thought of my situation
so i hear aLOT of bad stuff about LA, but every big city's got their own problems (including our own but i wont get into it)
- but there's one thing that's got me a little worried, see i'm hispanic and i hear there's some kinda racial war goin on over there with blacks .. . is this true?

Are you in a gang? Do you associate with gang members and seek to live among them? If your answer to these questions is "no" then you don't have much to worry about. If your answer is "yes" then your personal safety will be at a much greater risk.

There are many black and Latino residents in LA who live normal, productive lives, who get along with one another just fine.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:49 PM

142 posts, read 753,931 times
I'm Hispanic and I live a normal life. You have nothing to worry about if you don't hang out with these troubled people. Just choose the area where you will live carefully, preferrably close to your internship.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:15 AM

9 posts, read 18,715 times
I'm a Black female. I moved to L.A from Texas at the end of May, and I'm 22 as well. I live in Miracle Mile. No race wars going on around here that I know of. Haven't fought anybody. I guess it would make for interesting dinner conversation if I had.

Like theRealAnglion said, you don't have anything to worry about unless you are in a gang or intend to associate/ live with gang members. Since most of us don't fit those criteria, it's pretty much same ol' same ol'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles