Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 08:38 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,202,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPEP09 View Post
I miss MP. Had to move to ugly TX. I used to pass the Hilton all the time! SGV is the best.
It's different out here.The Barnes Park in Monterey Park is very busy in the mornings,they exercise 7 days a week from 7:30 to 9:30 in the mornings, there are little groups gathered,some are free kung fu,fan dancing,regular touch your toes exercise,walking class.it's amazing!
They tell me it's like doing homework and enjoy it. it's a way of life
The city hall and the firestation is there in the same area

I took these pictures.

this was taken last year after the rain,there is music that comes with it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 02:30 PM

This is near the Arboretum,in Arcadia the peacocks walk freely in the residential area

this is in the Arboretum,there was a concert there

Old 09-30-2008, 12:01 AM

1,714 posts, read 6,054,971 times
OK, how about the best cheap Chinese food in SGV? (Taking cheap as the first parameter) We've eaten in several and have been delighted with the quality of Asian food available around here! Would love to have the name of a really good cheap one for those times when you need that!

Old 09-30-2008, 06:39 AM

689 posts, read 2,582,143 times
For "lunch specials" we usually go to NYC at the corner of Atlantic and Garvey, just bring your patience potion for parking (I usually let my wife park because I go crazy). There is also Sam Woo BBQ (I just like saying the name) on Valley east of Garfield in Alhambra. You could try Tasty Garden a little further east on Valley in Alhambra and there is another cafe style place in this same shopping center.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:15 AM

22 posts, read 93,127 times
The New sports complex is on Azusa Ave. Called Field of Dreams..
Theres also lots of nature areas if you enjoy that all along the foothills, you also have Azusa Canyons for hiking, fishing, camping, cycling or roading needs. If you take East fork at the bridge you can drive all the way up to Mount Baldy Village.
Also some of the smaller cities have an old town type street, In Monrovia theres Myrtle Ave that on Fridays has a farmers market and street fair.
Theres plenty to do on the East side of L.A.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:42 PM

I'd say about 90% of the Chinese Restaurants in the San Gabriel Valley have "Lunch Specials"

There are three prices from $4.25 -$4.65,$5, $6 something like that range. in that range there are more than 10 dishes to choose from. Soup is included. Soup is very simple,just a little bowl.
Sorry to say that there are no fortune cookies,only unless you go to Pasadena or the west side

Old 09-30-2008, 05:23 PM

689 posts, read 2,582,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
I'd say about 90% of the Chinese Restaurants in the San Gabriel Valley have "Lunch Specials"

There are three prices from $4.25 -$4.65,$5, $6 something like that range. in that range there are more than 10 dishes to choose from. Soup is included. Soup is very simple,just a little bowl.
Sorry to say that there are no fortune cookies,only unless you go to Pasadena or the west side
But you should get orange slices at the end. We can usually feed a family of 5 or 6 for under $30 at one of the lunch special places. Especially if you don't order sodas or beer and just drink the hot tea and ask for ice water.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscenes View Post
For "lunch specials" we usually go to NYC at the corner of Atlantic and Garvey, just bring your patience potion for parking (I usually let my wife park because I go crazy). There is also Sam Woo BBQ (I just like saying the name) on Valley east of Garfield in Alhambra. You could try Tasty Garden a little further east on Valley in Alhambra and there is another cafe style place in this same shopping center.
Sam Woo and Tasty Garden are exactly where we have been! Loved them both....

Are the "lunch specials" for midday only? We did find a place (can't remember the name) with this sort of special in San Gabriel a little south of Las Tunas, and really enjoyed it. It was suppertime when we went, so I guess that I'm wondering if this sort of pricing is the norm?

We're new...

Old 09-30-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post

Who wants a fortune cookie? I'm talking about good Chinese food.

Can you tell me more about the "lunch specials"? I would love to know more about this - is it for dinner too, or just lunch?

Old 09-30-2008, 05:40 PM

174 posts, read 488,374 times
I miss the Pho and the thai iced teas w/boba. no one in houston makes good boba!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles