Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 10:57 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,453,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjd View Post
That is why 1 out of every 970 homes in in foreclosure right now. .
Stats, Por Favor.

-------------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 05:01 PM

5 posts, read 25,484 times
http://www.pr-inside.com/california-...ket-r43918.htm

http://www.news10.net/news/xls/California_foreclosures.xls (broken link)

Old 02-18-2007, 03:27 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,772,561 times
We live here because this is where DH works, and we have been trying to get a transfer for years (finally will be moving in a couple of months).
You live where you can find work. It has not always been this way. When we moved where we are now, 70 miles NE of LA it took DH about 1 hour 20 min to get to work, that was 6 years ago, now it can take 3 hours!
MBG

Old 02-18-2007, 03:50 PM

17 posts, read 44,492 times
Default confusion!

I am so confused! I do medical transcription and also work on the clinical side of the healthcare industry. I am looking for rent that is no more than a thousand dollars. A safe place to live, and warm weather, or relatively warm weather, all year round. I have read pretty much every thread here but I am still confused. My brother lives in Riverside, California--in Hemet. He doesn't express any complaints, but I would like to find somewhere with a relatively low crime rate and a that is not too greatly crowded. Is there any one that can keep it more simple for me.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa1002 View Post
I am so confused! I do medical transcription and also work on the clinical side of the healthcare industry. I am looking for rent that is no more than a thousand dollars. A safe place to live, and warm weather, or relatively warm weather, all year round. I have read pretty much every thread here but I am still confused. My brother lives in Riverside, California--in Hemet. He doesn't express any complaints, but I would like to find somewhere with a relatively low crime rate and a that is not too greatly crowded. Is there any one that can keep it more simple for me.
There are areas in California that you can rent for what you are asking.
They are not anywhere near the coast, keep that in mind, and it will likely be hot, very hot during the better part of the summer. You can find places in the Inland Empire and the Antelope Valley for reasonable rent, but crime rates are not real low, but some places are okay. My brother lives in the Riverside area as well (Mentone) and is happy there. If you do not mind living inland, and can find a job, you should be okay.

This may help:
bestplaces.org
That link gives demographic information.

MBG

Old 02-19-2007, 03:56 PM

i'll be working from home. does that make any difference?

Old 02-19-2007, 04:01 PM

is any where in these areas good, and are there sub-division names i should know when searching. i don't know anyhting about the places within the Island Empire or Antelope Valley.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:54 PM

Theresa, I need to know what general location you are planning on moving to. Southern California is huge, like a state unto its own.
MBG

Old 02-20-2007, 07:09 PM

I was originally looking around the Riverside area. I am also interested in finding out info about other parts of san bernadino--or is riverside in san bernadino? I'm really not sure about that. Basically I just want somewhere that has a relatively low or reasonable-to the area-rate of crime, and that is relatively affordable. I don't have a problem with living more inland.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:25 PM

is crime real bad in Inland Empire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles