Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 10:38 AM

1,287 posts, read 5,012,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drill25 View Post
I am looking to move to La from the east coast, because i know i belong there

That's the most important thing you said. And if you really feel that way you shouldn't delay your dream by waiting on somebody else. Since you have a hefty savings you could at least come for a few months, even a year, get a job full or part-time (whichever suits your needs so that you don't deplete your savings) and see how it goes. If you get a job you will definitely meet people. There might even be people here that you know from high school or college (if you went) that you haven't thought of. Although I don't use them, I hear that Facebook and MySpace are good resources for finding and reconnecting with people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 10:47 AM

17 posts, read 35,061 times
Try going out drinking, just have a couple before you go, and then even if you go somewhere alone I almost guarantee you will meet people. Dress nice though, wear jeans and a 1-color button-down and you might even get a girl!

Old 09-30-2008, 11:12 AM

1,150 posts, read 2,690,250 times
Default I are a millioaire !!

OhYeah said: "Dude?? Aren't you Jake Horror? The guy from Indiana that came out here last year and couldn't make it so had to go back home?"

I don't think JakeHorror made it out to LA yet, looks like he's still in Indiana.

I think you are thinking of CourtneyW from 'Bama. He is planning on moving to LA a second time. "If at first you don't succeed try, try again."

Old 09-30-2008, 12:19 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,035,317 times
JakeHorror did come out, went back and is coming back when he can.

He's a different person from this other jc person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: