Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 12:21 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olif View Post
What public schools within the LAUSD are the most whitest and brightest? I need this information for a friend of a friend that will be relocating here from Minnesota, and they need to remain within their current status!
whitest and brightest? you talkin about teeth?

and what is their current status... Lake side Bigot?

what does current status really mean.
its better to explain yourself and be seen as an outright bigot, instead of a foolish, immature, confused bigot.

current status? i think ive heard it all. im suprised you didnt use, "within 'their element'".

please clarify.

Last edited by the one; 09-29-2008 at 12:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 12:39 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,052,894 times
If large enclaves of pale skin color is important to these folks, they will be very uncomfortable out here. This is not the same sort of place as Minnesota. They need to decide whether they like a rainbow of neighbors, or basically might need to reconsider this move. I don't know what else to say - they have to make up their own minds what they want to do. There are cities in Los Angeles County which are majority-white; your friends can look them up on the city-data or wikipedia pages devoted to each city. They tend to be very far out from the city center. Majority-white doesn't mean the same thing here that it does in Minnesota, though.

LA is more interested in class than race, generally speaking. The higher the class, the more this is true. A professional-class neighborhood is likely to have every race all jumbled together, and all getting along and loving it. You might want to check out some of the race threads on this forum, or look at some of the photo threads, to kind of get some sort of idea about this. It's hard to describe for someone who hasn't experienced it yet - I know, I've tried explaining it to my family back East.

Also, I would like to gently say....There are people who post on this forum looking for areas which are majority-black or majority-Asian, and they don't get jumped on this way. Maybe because they don't put it in quite so weird a way ("whitest and brightest" is really weird).... usually this forum is nicer, though.....

I have to admit, "lakeside bigot" made me giggle.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:24 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
blasted!!! i still cant rep you!!!!

consider this an honorable rep.

and you are right. we sometimes dont get on people who look for chinese areas or black areas. but the way this was phrased here seemed a bit offensive. i think that kind of set the tone.

great points tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelesschild View Post
If large enclaves of pale skin color is important to these folks, they will be very uncomfortable out here. This is not the same sort of place as Minnesota. They need to decide whether they like a rainbow of neighbors, or basically might need to reconsider this move. I don't know what else to say - they have to make up their own minds what they want to do. There are cities in Los Angeles County which are majority-white; your friends can look them up on the city-data or wikipedia pages devoted to each city. They tend to be very far out from the city center. Majority-white doesn't mean the same thing here that it does in Minnesota, though.

LA is more interested in class than race, generally speaking. The higher the class, the more this is true. A professional-class neighborhood is likely to have every race all jumbled together, and all getting along and loving it. You might want to check out some of the race threads on this forum, or look at some of the photo threads, to kind of get some sort of idea about this. It's hard to describe for someone who hasn't experienced it yet - I know, I've tried explaining it to my family back East.

Also, I would like to gently say....There are people who post on this forum looking for areas which are majority-black or majority-Asian, and they don't get jumped on this way. Maybe because they don't put it in quite so weird a way ("whitest and brightest" is really weird).... usually this forum is nicer, though.....

I have to admit, "lakeside bigot" made me giggle.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:49 AM

1,749 posts, read 8,336,051 times
In the fall we have something similar to the Running of the Bulls in Spain...we have the Running of the Bigots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles