Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 05:39 PM

689 posts, read 2,582,143 times

Advertisements

Yes we buy fireworks and shoot them on what ever day we damn well please...and yes we do it even if it's raining...and yes we do it at the beach...and yes we do it with great looking women at the beach on new years even in the rain with palm trees and mountains in the background and we all sing "I love LA" while we do it...

Enough with your nonsense questions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 06:39 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
People shoot off fire works when they celebrate the new year? Maybe I am too tired from all the parting the night before to notice. All I want to see on New Years is USC beat whoever the Big Ten can send over, and that is only if USC is not playing for the national title, unless ofcourse the Rose Bowl is that years National Title game. In that case it won't be played on New Years Day anyway. BCS rules are so full of BS.

In Ventura County you can buy fireworks in Fillmore. But only on July 4th. People from all over drive to Fillmore to buy them, even though it may be illegal to do it where they live. Never heard of it on New Years though. Guess I never watched.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:50 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Fireworks are illegal in the "city" of Los Angeles. However surrounding communities within the "county" of Los Angeles allow the sell of fireworks.

The only time that you will see a legally authorized fireworks vendors is the few weeks leading up to Independence Day...after that they are no where to be found...thankfully.

With all of the issues that CA has with wildfires and fireworks injuries (loss of property, loss of wilderness areas, loss of little children's fingers, severe burns, the huge cost of fighting fires and loss of life), I will be glad when the sell of fireworks are banned in the state.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:12 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,764,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

With all of the issues that CA has with wildfires and fireworks injuries (loss of property, loss of wilderness areas, loss of little children's fingers, severe burns, the huge cost of fighting fires and loss of life), I will be glad when the sell of fireworks are banned in the state.
what a downer. i hate that nanny state bullcrap

Old 10-01-2008, 12:15 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times
You can buy fireworks in Gardena & parts of the San Gabriel valley.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:25 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
no need they just use their weapons. gang bang heaven.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:58 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
All I want to see on New Years is USC beat whoever the Big Ten can send over, and that is only if USC is not playing for the national title, unless ofcourse the Rose Bowl is that years National Title game. In that case it won't be played on New Years Day anyway. BCS rules are so full of BS.
Great post Rep points are in order my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles