Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 04:16 PM

419 posts, read 1,449,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsmahsa View Post
no, I'm looking at the different areas of the valley and getting opinions..besides North hollywood (wont even be allowed to live there) lol
wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 06:15 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,417,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsideringLA View Post
wow.
You're telling me

Old 10-11-2008, 09:07 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
yeah, everybody is telling you North Hollywood is worth looking at. Pretty central to LA and the Valley, and has improved a lot.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
yeah, everybody is telling you North Hollywood is worth looking at. Pretty central to LA and the Valley, and has improved a lot.
What is the point of coming on this board and asking questions when one has preconceived notions to the contrary?

Old 10-13-2008, 04:46 PM

6 posts, read 13,545 times
honestly thats the only place that I've been warned about, every other place you guys have advised about has been great lol.

I never really thought about this, but I am going to be applying to universal music around burbank..how is burbank to live in, and close to nightlife like westwood?

Last edited by heyitsmahsa; 10-13-2008 at 05:19 PM..

Old 10-13-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsmahsa View Post
honestly thats the only place that I've been warned about, every other place you guys have advised about has been great lol.

I never really thought about this, but I am going to be applying to universal music around burbank..how is burbank to live in, and close to nightlife like westwood?
frankly, I love Burbank and there are countless posts that extol its virtues. Search the forums. Nightlife here is much more tame than in other parts - it's fine for parents like me that like a night out or teenagers whose parents want to know they're safe. Other than that, largely dull (PERFECT for us). Pasadena is a definite step up as is WeHo or Hollywood proper.

You seem to already have a trusted source that gave you the 411 on NoHo - reach out to that individual.

It's maddening that you have selective prejudice about one area based on a source that apparently isn't qualified to give you counsel about much else. Doesn't that by itself make you question the validity of the opinion? If ours runs counter, why would you ask for more input?

Old 10-13-2008, 09:59 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,417,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsideringLA View Post

It's maddening that you have selective prejudice about one area based on a source that apparently isn't qualified to give you counsel about much else. Doesn't that by itself make you question the validity of the opinion? If ours runs counter, why would you ask for more input?

Seriously. How many people here have to tell you to check out NoHo? You're friend might end up wasting you money, because of this fear he is giving you.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:10 PM

3 posts, read 4,915 times
Culver City! hmmm....700 to 800 range? You could live in the valley and commute. If you want that price range, you might need a lot of roommates or commute. Sherman Oaks? Studio City? People may jokingly make fun of the valley, but if you gotta live there than it is what it is! you will have fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles