Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 11:37 PM

149 posts, read 567,925 times

Advertisements

Snow in LA? What! thats weird is that even possible. LA is warm all year my uncles said it is still warm over there even now in December. It better be warm when I get there in January.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:27 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,455,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda104 View Post
Snow in LA? What! thats weird is that even possible. LA is warm all year my uncles said it is still warm over there even now in December. It better be warm when I get there in January.
Snow in the grapevine isn't uncommon but its very, very rare at lower elevations where people actually live. My dad remembers getting some snow in Brea in the late 40's when he was a little kid. So once every 50 years is about right.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:48 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
It snowed in here in Fontana 2 winters ago. There's even pictures of it in the Inland Empire photo section.
I lost over half my citrus crop that January.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:51 AM

257 posts, read 1,445,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda104 View Post
Ok I understand all of the comments are opinions.

I mean it gets chilly but not a cold as New York! I understand now

I can bet my life savings that it will never be 7 degrees in Southern California

The weather in California is beautiful even when it is considered "cold"

I guess I have a different definition of "cold" as long as it is not lower than 30

California weather kicks the ass out of New York

One of my cousins friends said that it gets "cold" in Los Angeles He said it gets so cold that you need a scarf and gloves... Thats Bull ****! I think that person or who ever wears that on a regular "cold day" in Los Angeles needs to get shot!

In conclusion NO it does not get "cold in Southern California! and I don't give a **** who disagrees!

I lived in Ranch Cucamonga for a while in 2000, Jan-April and I wore a puffy vest and could have used some gloves in the mornings. It was a cold wind that kept me cold. As I had come from Toronto,Canada I hadn't expected this, so I didn't pack for it.I thought it would be hot, ha ha I was surprised. I wasn't complaining about it though!!! It was great, just chilly outside in the mornings.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:39 AM

149 posts, read 567,925 times
Just chilly I can handle that. I mean one time I was outside for like two hours waiting for a store to open I was wearing two shirts a seater and a huge coat that made me look like a fat ass it was 7 degrees and went down in the beginning of of March. I froze my ass that day. I am pretty sure this scenario will never happen in LA. I see that some of the responses say that there is snow from time to time in different parts. Look what I am trying to say in this forum is that Southern California has way better weather than New York and the rest of the north east I am right. I know I will enjoy the weather over in Southern California and cannot wait to leave this frigid piece of crap place.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:07 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,139,491 times
Yo miranda, coastal SoCal rarely goes below 50 degrees. Here is Santa Monica's average temps throughout the year: Average Weather for Santa Monica, CA - Temperature and Precipitation Keep in mind that the people who are telling you it deeps into the 30s are talking about more inland locations, ie Rancho Cucamonga and Fontana are in the Inland Empire which is a good 45-60min drive from the ocean. The ocean moderates the temperature in the coastal regions so it rarely ever gets too hot or too cold. I think you will enjoy it.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:21 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,814,391 times
There are coastal OC. weather stations that have never recorded a freezing temp.--
32 degees or less....

Old 12-07-2008, 07:26 PM

395 posts, read 1,011,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
There are coastal OC. weather stations that have never recorded a freezing temp.--
32 degees or less....
False.

FL keys are only area in continental U.S. with no record of freezing temps. Even Miami beach has had snow/freezing temps. Even south Texas (Brownsville) had first snow in 100 years a few years back.

Laguna Beach for instance has hit 21f, and hit 20s in every month from november to march.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:31 PM

395 posts, read 1,011,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
Yo miranda, coastal SoCal rarely goes below 50 degrees. Here is Santa Monica's average temps throughout the year: Average Weather for Santa Monica, CA - Temperature and Precipitation Keep in mind that the people who are telling you it deeps into the 30s are talking about more inland locations, ie Rancho Cucamonga and Fontana are in the Inland Empire which is a good 45-60min drive from the ocean. The ocean moderates the temperature in the coastal regions so it rarely ever gets too hot or too cold. I think you will enjoy it.
Hmmm..weather alamanac has its average low for january this year at 47, at it hit 39f at least once. I don't see how this is "rarely" going under 50.

If you were talking about SoFL you'd be right.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:34 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,814,391 times
I stand corrected I was always told there was some out of city locals between San Clemente and South coast that have never seen freezeing temps...I did witness a freeze in Laguna in the 90's....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles