Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 10:36 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,197,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria Rhodes View Post
You can also go with that Southland fairy tale: the ocean breeze cleans out the smog, but you're really not that naive - right?
All I know is that when I look out my 15th floor window in Century City the smog looks much worse when I'm looking east and not nearly as bad when looking west.

Back to the OP, smog is everywhere here in LA. To realy avoid it, you'll need to move pretty far away from Hollywood, I'm thinking 75+ miles away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 11:00 AM

9 posts, read 14,876 times
so even places like Burbank are no good? Do you guys really think air pollution causes hairloss though or worsens it?

Old 11-10-2008, 02:54 PM

345 posts, read 466,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyboysplace View Post
so even places like Burbank are no good? Do you guys really think air pollution causes hairloss though or worsens it?
I used to live in Los Feliz, friends at Disney, sister-in-law still has home by Lake Hollywood. The answer to your question is: Yes, the air sucks there big time many days. You get used to pretending it's not so bad like everyone else.

Pros and cons everywhere. Even with toxic environmental concerns, it's a heck of a nice place to live as you're relatively close to nice places to go, nice places to eat, and nice things to do. You could live in the clean air of Bellingham, WA and freeze your rear end off in that damp, wet location without the go-go stimulation of LA.

Got two good lungs and crave stimulation? Give LA a go-go a go!

Old 11-10-2008, 02:57 PM

63 posts, read 125,739 times
Quote:
That's a good one

Old 11-10-2008, 03:07 PM

whats a good one? Do you guys think air pollution in LA can accelerate hair loss? So theres no locations near hollywood then that have lower pollution levels?

Old 11-10-2008, 03:12 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,451,929 times
Quote:
whats a good one? Do you guys think air pollution in LA can accelerate hair loss? So theres no locations near hollywood then that have lower pollution levels?
You really need to get out of the LA area, like up the coast to Santa Barbara to get away from the smog.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:14 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,419,160 times
This same guy is posting the same thing on Yelp...

Old 11-10-2008, 03:29 PM

lol yea I did. Small world huh? Well I just dont want to lose my hair when I move back out to LA.....

Old 11-10-2008, 03:33 PM

1,297 posts, read 5,509,570 times
Quote:
Ok so I use to live in Hollywood for comedy, but I had to come back to Ga for a while. Now im going back to Hollywood around Feb., do you guys know of a place not far from Hollywood where the pollution is lower?

I have a theory that pollution causes hair loss as crazy as it may seem, but when I lived out there for a while I noticed hair loss. So im wondering whats the best location to live thats not far from Hollywood thats not quite as polluted.

Im talking not far too...like 20 mins away if possible. Thanks

I would suggest you take a plane ride to determine where there is less brown/yellow haze. It looks like the basin and further inland are worse than along the coast. I was in fontana a few weeks ago and it was plain yellow.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:14 PM

63 posts, read 125,739 times
Quote:
Yeah, thats why all the cholos are pelones, a bunch of baldies.
Didn't you notice Tupac wasn't bald until he moved to LA?
To live and (have your hair) die in LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles