Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 11:31 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,054,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda104 View Post
I heard there are no White Castles in California. Being an east coast guy that will be one thing I will miss but all of the other joints will totally make up for it.
I miss White Castle too.... BUT.... there is a place called Fatburger that will satisfy the craving. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 11:35 PM

149 posts, read 567,847 times
I have heard of Fatburger is that a California chain only? I heard that Fatburger will kill you with happiness.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:47 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,398 times
Quote:
I have heard of Fatburger is that a California chain only? I heard that Fatburger will kill you with happiness.
I don't think it's that widespread. It used to be LA area, but I know there's on in San Diego.

I think Fatburger is overrated.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
I don't think it's that widespread. It used to be LA area, but I know there's on in San Diego.

I think Fatburger is overrated.
I've never been to Fatburger but to the list of overrated I'll add Islands. On the other hand, I had a burger at Claim Jumpers that was called The Widowmaker...that burger was very good....

Old 12-07-2008, 03:45 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Damn I love Claim Jumper. The hot meatloaf sandwich is heaven on a plate.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:03 PM

I am pretty sure they have white castle wannabe's over there they even have some like Sassy's and Burger Heaven.

Have you guys ever heard of Checkers? My friends family keeps talking about it but I have no idea where Checkers is located.

Also Sonic's is the greatest I went to one in Anaheim when I was there in August. I cannot wait to go back. Truly a great place and it is still old school people bring you your food. The slushies are great too. I kept my cup and other stuff that had the Sonic logo on it. I showed my friends and they were like wow I am such a loser for keeping the stuff but deep down inside I know they were jealous. They advertise Sonic COmmercials but there is not one anywhere around the North East coast. The closest one to New York is in North Carolina. One of my friends just moved there and said he went to the Sonic's located in the area. I mean it makes sense why they will never make a Sonic's in the east coast because it is one of those places you eat outside or in your car like one of those old car hops burger joints. In New York it is too cold and I am pretty sure it won't last having one of those will be so out of place. I would like one but it will be so out f place.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:09 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,398 times
Quote:
I am pretty sure they have white castle wannabe's over there they even have some like Sassy's and Burger Heaven.

Have you guys ever heard of Checkers? My friends family keeps talking about it but I have no idea where Checkers is located.

Also Sonic's is the greatest I went to one in Anaheim when I was there in August. I cannot wait to go back. Truly a great place and it is still old school people bring you your food. The slushies are great too. I kept my cup and other stuff that had the Sonic logo on it. I showed my friends and they were like wow I am such a loser for keeping the stuff but deep down inside I know they were jealous. They advertise Sonic COmmercials but there is not one anywhere around the North East coast. The closest one to New York is in North Carolina. One of my friends just moved there and said he went to the Sonic's located in the area. I mean it makes sense why they will never make a Sonic's in the east coast because it is one of those places you eat outside or in your car like one of those old car hops burger joints. In New York it is too cold and I am pretty sure it won't last having one of those will be so out of place. I would like one but it will be so out f place.
I don't know about any White Castle "wannabes". They sell a frozen version at supermarkets. I like them all right, but I don't think that's a lot of people's taste out here.

Checkers is Rally's out here. I love the fries there.
That whole SOnic's commercial phenomenon was out here too.

They would play those commercials for as long as I can remember, with there never being a Sonic's around. Weird. Why would they pay so much to market a fast food restaurant, to regions that don't have them?

Old 12-07-2008, 03:28 PM

705 posts, read 3,298,115 times
You cant go wrong with a Double Bacon Chilly Cheese Burger at Pinks on Melrose.

BOMB FOOD!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2008, 03:32 PM

I guess sonics really wants people to know about them.

I saw a Jack in the Box commercial on TV here in New York. It was about the restaurant staying open 24 hours and serving breakfast all day for fireman and stuff. Pretty weird that they would show that commercial here. They showed that commercial and a bunch of Sonic's commercials on Comedy Central not sure on what other channels. Some of my friends told me they show Sonic's commercials on other channels too. They also showed a Carl's Jr. commercial commercial. I heard there is a Hardees around here which is part of Carl's jr. chain I think. Checkers looks pretty good I never been there hope to go when I am over there. As a side goal I hope to visit all these fast food places I personally hate McDonalds and Burger King theres too much of them especially in the city. I am starting to hate Wendy's they keep making more and more. I miss the Western chains of fast food.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:42 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,040,566 times
Quote:
there are several fatburgers in the ny area. the closest one to you is near exchange place in jersey city, right by the PATH station. so you'll have the option to try it before you move from ny.

Fatburger : Locations By City

to answer your question, it's primarily a west coast thing. good burgers, but in-n-out is better IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles