Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2008, 05:09 PM

4 posts, read 41,057 times

Advertisements

I need opinions b/c we are having such a hard time making this decision. A quick background: My husband is from LA and I am from Plymouth, MA. We are currently living in Hermosa Beach, CA. We have no family left here in L.A. Over the past couple years everyone has moved out of L.A. for different reasons. We have two very young children, 2 years old and 3 months old.

Since all our family has moved out of LA we find ourselves getting pretty lonely. It's just me, my husband, and our kids. Back in Plymouth we have so much family and our kids have cousins galore! We want to give our kids the best life we can so we have been thinking about moving back to Plymouth. We want them to experience having family around. We have also been having doubts about raising them in L.A.

The only draw back to moving back to Plymouth is the weather. Both my husband and I hate being cold. I remember growing up there and getting seasonal depression syndrome b/c the winters last so long. The draw backs to L.A. are: 1) we have nobody here anymore. 2) Every where in L.A. is a city. I always thought I would raise my kids in a small town like I was raised. 3) Home prices are so high.

Would you give up perfect LA weather to be around family even if you hated being cold???? We are so torn!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 05:31 PM

656 posts, read 1,355,981 times
Tough decision, but it's really only what 6 months of cold if that?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:21 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,996,482 times
Family > Weather

I love LA, but it sounds like you've already made up your mind. Follow your heart.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:30 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,451,929 times
Move to Mass and get one of those full spectrum lights to combat the SAD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles