Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2007, 12:15 PM

4 posts, read 24,463 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. It's me again with a question about hotels in LA. I will be using priceline to get a hotel, since I'm on a limited budget. If I am unable to stay directly in Hollywood, Beverly Hills, or Brentwood, are areas such as Culver City, Redondo-Manhattan Beach, and Santa Monica alright in terms of safety? Also, are these places far from Hollywood (long or difficult commute)? Thank you for your help.
The reason I ask about Culver City and Redondo-Manhattan Beach is that many have reported on biddingfortravel that they have been able to secure quality lodging in these regions for low prices (Culver City Radisson often goes for $45 per night). I don't mind if I have to commute to Hollywood; i'm more concerned with safety.
On a side note, which theme park is better for a teenager: universal studios or Disney? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 12:33 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
Disney by far, Universal is better for adults. If you love roller coasters 6 Flags is best but a lot of walking. Universal and Disney both have City walks. Universal Studios is in Unversal city, a lot of hotels near by. Check TVtickets.com for show tickets to see a sitcom filmed. CBS studios is near Universal, my wife and I attended about 50 filmings for "That 70's Show".

The other cities are fine. I would try and get the other hotels, it does not hurt to make the offer. I used priceline for the Marriot, the site kept trying to tell me to increase my bid. I made my offer at $30 and got a weeks stay cheap. The site was pushing me to bid over $55 a night.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:07 PM

2 posts, read 10,688 times
Default Here's some info

Hi, the Radisson in Culver City is probably a good bet. I checked the location (it's actually quite close to where I work), not a bad neighborhood but it's not walking distance to anything. It's close to the 405 freeway, but that's probably why it's reasonably priced. I assume you're renting a car, so plan on doing a lot of driving.

The general rule of thumb for hotels in the LA region is this, if it's less than $100/night it's a dump. (That's full price though -- I have no idea what these rooms go for on priceline.) Of course I don't know what your standards are. You can probably get a decent room out by LAX for $75-$80 (again full price).

Here's the deal with the areas you mentioned: Hollywood ranges from ritzy to ghetto. So if it's cheap in Hllywd, you can be pretty sure it's ghetto. Brentwood: no bad neighborhoods but expensive. Manhattan/Redondo (known as the South Bay) safe and nice but pretty far from Hollyweird, Universal Studios, a tad closer to Anaheim. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles