Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 04:58 PM

18 posts, read 97,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcanaduh View Post

I haven't played with this stuff in a while, though. During Christmas we had a full moon, and I expected a quake somewhere, but it didn't happen. I still think something will happen somewhere before March 21.

San. Fran. October 17, 1989. Northridge January 17, 1994. Fall and winter. Tsunami quake, December 25 (our time)

Some of the places you point out are in the southern Hemisphere, which means our summer months are their winter months. April to September down there is fall and winter.

The links where I posted the daylight issue are gone. I also posted on the Discovery Channel site in Canada but they changed the board. They have a new one and maybe it's still there, I'm not certain, really, because I haven't been back since they changed boards. They may've transferred all threads to the new board. I'll check it when I have time.

You know what time it usually gets dark this time of year where you live. Check it out tomorrow. Here, in the first week of January, it should be dark by 5 pm, but in '05 it was light out until 6. Even on December 21, 2007, winter solstice, the shortest day or longest night of the year, it still wasn't dark at 5:25 pm. This is not normal.

I haven't checked in the past week, I'll check tomorrow, if I can remember.

Earth has been having many large quakes in the recent years. Global warming is said to be getting worse. Something is going on, and it isn't manmade or man's fault.
Wow!!.. Thanks for posting this. Your post caught my attention because I have noticed that the light is somehow "different' this year. I live in the Midwest and it has been much lighter longer in the evening than usual. The resonance of the light is somehow different too. I thought that I was just imagining it. I agree with you, that something is up........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 05:00 PM

550 posts, read 1,234,683 times
I live in Northern Ontario. Sun set time and darkness are two different things. Nowhere did I say one hour longer of light. US72 said 35 minutes. I would guess it was about the same thing. Two days before Dec 21 2007 it was still not dark at 5:20ish. That's two days before winter solstice. Not normal. Now less than two weeks after it, it's still light out at 5:25. Again, this is not normal.

After the tsunami they said earth had shifted. It maybe related to the daylight change. I'm not sure if these links still work, they did at the time.

Quake moved the North Pole by one inch.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=Quake+moved+the+North+Pole+by+one+i nch.&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Quake lifted earth's surface around the world.

Quake lifted earth's surface around the world - Google Search=

Weather plays a role, in my view. High tides, planet alignment, full moons, aninmal behaviour, etc.

All of the snakes and lizards moved to higher ground before the tsunami. Elephants too. Some we chained up by the leg and broke free to move to higher ground. Whales and dolphins beached themselves prior to the quake.

Nature Sync: Lessons from Tsunami Survivors

Danger signs in nature.

http://www.bangkokpost.net/en/Outlo...n2005_out11.php (broken link)

After the tsunami, whales were beaching themselves in North Carolina. Shortly thereafter, Georgia was hit by a quake. Georgia doesn't get many quakes and whales rarely had beached themselves in NC. We often hear of whales beaching but not dolphins, which is exactly what happened on Oz.

I'm not trying to convince you that I posted this stuff. It's all true, though, but I'm not posting links to the threads. I was a major troll on that board and my target was Bush and America. I love America though. I wanna become one. But a lot of the things I said in fun were in poor taste...because I was a troll. I don't wanna bring that silliness to this board.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:17 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
I live in Northern Ontario. Sun set time and darkness are two different things. Nowhere did I say one hour longer of light. US72 said 35 minutes. I would guess it was about the same thing. Two days before Dec 21 2007 it was still not dark at 5:20ish. That's two days before winter solstice. Not normal. Now less than two weeks after it, it's still light out at 5:25. Again, this is not normal.
You did say one hour. Read your post #45 in this thread..."It should be dark where I live by 5 pm by Christmas day into January. It was staying light out until 6 pm."
Unless you can post data from a newspaper showing that the sunset is noticably different this year from others years, you can't be taken seriously.

Quote:
After the tsunami they said earth had shifted. It maybe related to the daylight change. I'm not sure if these links still work, they did at the time.
There is no daylight change!

Quote:
Quake moved the North Pole by one inch.
I think you mean magnetic North Pole. That would not make daylight "last one hour longer" as you claimed in post #45.

Quote:
Weather plays a role, in my view. High tides, planet alignment, full moons, aninmal behaviour, etc.
Then your view is wrong. And I remember well the planet theory. It was called the "Jupiter Effect" and I have the book by the same title. It has been disproven. There was supposed to be many earthquakes, including a "disatrous" one in California in 1982 when 5 planets were lined up with the Earth. What happened? Nothing. There were earthquakes, by nothing out of the ordinary.

Quote:
All of the snakes and lizards moved to higher ground before the tsunami. Elephants too. Some we chained up by the leg and broke free to move to higher ground. Whales and dolphins beached themselves prior to the quake.
I agree that it's most likely that animals can sense a coming quake... especially in the minutes before it happens.

Quote:
I'm not trying to convince you that I posted this stuff. It's all true, though, but I'm not posting links to the threads.

No, it's not "all true." You haven't proven that daylight/sunsets were affected by that 9.0 quake.

Quote:
I don't wanna bring that silliness to this board.
Quote:
Too late for that!

Old 01-04-2008, 08:42 PM

167 posts, read 213,923 times
Quote:
Interesting tidbits.

Northridge, Jan. 17 1994

Kobe Japan, Jan 17 1995

Bam Iran, Dec 26, 2003

Tsunami, Dec 26, 2004

It was on the 26th of September 2003 the Northern Japanese Island of Hokkaido was hit by a strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 7.8, after Sendai of Japan became a point of devastation on the 26th of May. And on the 26th October in the same year the Gansu Province in China was hit by two strong earthquakes.

Hold your breath, it goes further back. On the 26th of April 2002, an earthquake measuring 7.1 struck Marianna Islands. And on the 26th of January 2001 it struck Gujarat in India and back again at Channai in September causing utter devastation to the entire region.

And think about this.

The Oklahoma bombing occured at 9:03 am.

The second plane to hit the towers on 911 struck at 9:03 am.

The tower fell at 10:30 am.

The earthquake in Asia on Dec 26 2004 struck one year to the hour the quake in Bam hit the year before, in 2003.

The tsunami hit at 10:30 am, the same time the tower fell.

Coincidence?
Wow, talk about some strange conspiracies that could come out of that.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:50 PM

Fleet, so when I sit here (where you're not) at 5:25 and it's still light out, I'm suppose to believe it's actually dark out because you say it's not true because I didn't post a link from CNN or the NYTs. When someone in Cali notices, and someone in the mid west notices that it's light out longer than ususal, (as they posted earlier in this thread) we're all delusional because you say it's not true? Is that it?

Old 01-04-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Fleet, so when I sit here (where you're not) at 5:25 and it's still light out, I'm suppose to believe it's actually dark out because you say it's not true because I didn't post a link from CNN or the NYTs. When someone in Cali notices, and someone in the mid west notices that it's light out longer than ususal, (as they posted earlier in this thread) we're all delusional because you say it's not true? Is that it?
Again, if what you claim is actually happening, it should be easy to find an article about it in a newspaper or one of those science magazines.

Except for this thread, I haven't seen a word about it in any of the other message boards I visit, or from talking to others, or in the media.

I already posted the sunset and sunrise times for Los Angeles from this year and 1992. All within two minutes of each other.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:42 PM

I find it hard too believe that it's happening here but not where you are. Tomorrow, go outside and look. Don't look from inside your home with the lights on. Don't go by what papers tell you. It should be complete dark by 5 pm. It's not. I've lived here all my life,other than one year. It's not normal.

I never noticed it until US72 pointed it out to me. We're talking about 35 minutes, so not many would notice. I did say an hour in one of my first posts, but that was incorrect, as you can see from the messages, it's only 25-35 minutes or so.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:55 AM

Quote:
I find it hard too believe that it's happening here but not where you are. Tomorrow, go outside and look. Don't look from inside your home with the lights on. Don't go by what papers tell you. It should be complete dark by 5 pm. It's not. I've lived here all my life,other than one year. It's not normal.

I never noticed it until US72 pointed it out to me. We're talking about 35 minutes, so not many would notice. I did say an hour in one of my first posts, but that was incorrect, as you can see from the messages, it's only 25-35 minutes or so.
As I said, I check the sunset practically every day (and take photos of the colorful ones).

The one below was taken on the evening of New Year's Day... just a few days ago, at 5:01 PM. It was just getting dark, at the same time it always does on Jan. 1! It is certainly not 25-35 mintues later!
Somehow, I think the papers can manage to correctly print the sunset and sunrise each day! What state (or country) do you live in? When does sunset occur where you are in early January?

Old 01-05-2008, 09:45 AM

18 posts, read 97,751 times
Yeah, I am in the Midwest and I used to get home at 5 pm from work and just have a cozy night at home cause it was dark so early. This year, the darkness is not there so early like other years that I remember.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:04 AM

I live in Northern Ontario Canada. We get more light than you due to our northern location. It used to be dark by 5 pm from late Oct to Feb. Today, at 5:15 our sky is still completely light out. It would look like the area depicted between the trees in your pic at the bottom left. By 5:25 our sky would look like your entire pic. I would say by 5:30-35 it's dark.

This is not normal when compared to years prior to 2005.

Since 2005, north America extended daylight savings time by 4 weeks, or whatever it is, but that has no bearing on this issue. The Discovery channel said that Toronto gets 1 minute per day of longer daylight from Dec 21 going forward and northern cities might get a bit more. This is correct, but even so, by Jan 1, only 10 days after winter solstice, it should not be light out until 5:30ish, yet it is. The sky should be completely dark by 5:10 or whatever, since, according to Discovery, we should've only gained 10 minutes of extra light, and a bit more, 12 minutes or so, in the north.

So since US72 noticed it in Cali and Allthingsbeautiful noticed it in the midwest, it's not just happening here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles