Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 01:50 AM

2 posts, read 4,800 times

Advertisements

Land lords give money to city officials like your council man, and get protection from them. that is how they take advantage of tenants. We the people must vote our council member out when they go for re election and hope we get a better member. never allow them a second term. That will stop city officials from taking money from Land Lords and developers.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 04-07-2009 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: National politics belong on the Politics Forum -- thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 03:34 AM

241 posts, read 939,959 times
nothing new. Been so for couple decades. Many immigrants legal and not crowding in apartment spaces and housing cause they can and for all sort of reasons. Certain areas and cities seem to be ideal for overcrowding like mentioned santa ana and many parts of la mostly south. Hard to do anything about it in many areas and even so cal unless it presents serious hazard for many people or would help officials.

Last edited by graciously; 04-07-2009 at 03:45 AM..

Old 05-28-2009, 08:03 PM

530 posts, read 1,130,926 times
I own a rent controlled building in Los Angeles and face the same problem(s). Just purchased a couple years ago so still learning new laws. Los Angeles does not have a set number when it comes to occupancy limit. Believe me I called the LAHD (Los Angeles Housing Dept.) and they basically told me NO there are NO LIMITS. Believe me I bet your landlord would love them to move out esp. if he pays for water, power, etc. Not only that but the wear and tear can you imagine 5 people compared to 2 or 3 people. Disgusting.

What you could do is call the police every time they make a lot of noise. Try to get a police report or something. Tell the landlord. Yes and if these people snuck anyone in not on the lease than the landlord can (oh after 15 days) raise their rent by 10% for each new occupant.

Now they have a law something around 1 person per 50 feet, I am not sure but it is on the website for tenant landlord rules, laws of Los Angeles.

Good luck!

Old 05-29-2009, 07:47 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Sounds like a liberal's dream come true: diversity, an expression of the outflow of humanity of the undocumented migrants-- wait, I mean the Latino community-- progressive laws against racist zoning.

What, you're telling me you don't want to play?
Well, I'm liberal and it was a nightmare for me!

Once the mayor of Santa Ana claimed that it was "the most diverse city in the nation". Hmmm... you have 90% of the population being Hispanic, 95% of those are of Mexican decent, and I had read that something like 80% of the Hispanic people in S.A. came from the same region of northern Mexico. I thought the mayor needed to look up the definition of "diversity".

Old 05-29-2009, 04:28 PM

1,156 posts, read 3,782,039 times
Would calling immigration help? Or would they shrug you off, too?

Old 11-20-2010, 05:25 AM

15 posts, read 139,093 times
Call Code Enforcement. You can also call the Police for Noise Variances during off hours and definitely for harrassment if they are throwing food at your establishment, but in most cases you would have to "see" them do it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles