Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 06:10 PM

11 posts, read 52,869 times

Advertisements

Does it make any differnce where I should live if I'm a white male? I would like to live in a culturely diverse location, but I don't want to end up somewhere that I'm not wanted or that's going to cause me problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 09:27 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rytawi View Post
Does it make any differnce where I should live if I'm a white male? I would like to live in a culturely diverse location, but I don't want to end up somewhere that I'm not wanted or that's going to cause me problems.
You should be OK in all the places mentioned. The only place which young people are beginning to move to where you could have problems is Highland Park (not mentioned so far, because not too many people would recommend it) - although the racial violence there is directed more towards African Americans than towards "whites" (mainly because there have been a small number of poor non-Latino whites who have lived in the area for generations), there is a general hostility towards outsiders of any racial or ethnic background there. The locals probably don't approve of Latinos moving there from elsewhere too much - they don't seem to like outsiders in general but only turn violent when it comes to African American outsiders moving in. In any case I would NOT recommend that area, for anyone of any ethnic background, due not only to racism and hostility towards outsiders but also the level of gang activity in the neighborhood.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 16,875 times
in los angeles where should we go for fun? bars or clubs? good clubs.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 16,875 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonca View Post
in los angeles where should we go for fun? bars or clubs? good clubs.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:25 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rytawi View Post
I'm 19 years old and I'm moving from Missouri to California in the next year. I would like to know in what area of los angeles do most young adults settle in?
you are moving from Springfield to Los Angeles? I hope you have a good reason and lots of money. The best places to live of course would be near one of the universities but at 19 and not being in school you might feel a little out of place. I hate to be so negative but I just can't imagine why in the hell you would be even considering such a thing..

Nita

Old 02-03-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
You should be OK in all the places mentioned. The only place which young people are beginning to move to where you could have problems is Highland Park (not mentioned so far, because not too many people would recommend it) - although the racial violence there is directed more towards African Americans than towards "whites" (mainly because there have been a small number of poor non-Latino whites who have lived in the area for generations), there is a general hostility towards outsiders of any racial or ethnic background there. The locals probably don't approve of Latinos moving there from elsewhere too much - they don't seem to like outsiders in general but only turn violent when it comes to African American outsiders moving in. In any case I would NOT recommend that area, for anyone of any ethnic background, due not only to racism and hostility towards outsiders but also the level of gang activity in the neighborhood.
you mention Highland Park, I have heard that Eagle Rock is very disirable, but am not sure how many truely young people are there. I do know it is culturally diverse.

Nita

Old 02-03-2009, 02:37 PM

672 posts, read 2,175,080 times
This thread is way old. The OP is 21 now.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike121 View Post
This thread is way old. The OP is 21 now.
thanks, amazing how these threads get dug up after years..

Nita

Old 02-04-2009, 12:29 AM

208 posts, read 979,698 times
Hermosa Beach

Old 05-15-2010, 08:12 AM

3 posts, read 12,666 times
Alright i am eighteen years old, and i plan on moving out too California this summer. I skateboard and want to live near a beach. I want a place where i could get a job easy, and have a place to live, maybe like a one bedroom apartment. I thought about moving in the LA area but wasnt sure. Any opinions where i should go or look into?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles