Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 09:15 AM

2 posts, read 13,900 times

Advertisements

HELLO, I'M A SOON TO BE SINGLE MOM WITH THREE CHILDREN, THAT IS LOOKING FOR LOW INCOME HOUSING, SO I MAY GET ON ME FEET AND STABLE IN EMPLOYMENT. GOING THRU DIVORCE. CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!
THX
DENISE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 09:43 AM

115 posts, read 385,811 times
You might want to Try the Jordan Downs, Nickerson Gardens, Imperial Courts in watts , Or the jungles over by baldwin hills for low income

Old 05-20-2008, 11:49 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,668,019 times
oh man, kids these days. dont "try" any of those places listed above. before you end up in the projects, tell us where you live or where you are lookin. contact the LA housing authority because aside from the mega projects scattered thru out the city there are also smaller apt complexes and housing available thru section 8, BUT and this is a big but, the process can be lengthy. do you want public housing or inexpensive housing? any specific areas? more details please.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:49 AM

27 posts, read 121,580 times
Default hi Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENISE AKINSHAYNES View Post
HELLO, I'M A SOON TO BE SINGLE MOM WITH THREE CHILDREN, THAT IS LOOKING FOR LOW INCOME HOUSING, SO I MAY GET ON ME FEET AND STABLE IN EMPLOYMENT. GOING THRU DIVORCE. CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!
THX
DENISE
Where are you located? Where are you looking to move to? County/City?

TR

Old 05-20-2008, 01:12 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
You definitely will need to provide more information to receive better help.

Are you relocating from another city or state?
What is your budget?
Will you be renting or buying?
Do you have an idea of where you will be commuting for work?
Is the school district ranking important for the kids?

Fill us in and we will fill you in on the best info that we possibly can.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:21 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,168,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
.....BUT and this is a big but, the process can be lengthy. .....
You won't get into public housing anywhere in California without being on a waiting list for at least a year - and that's being optimistic, it could take several years depending on where you live.

The place with the shortest waiting list that I know of, is Siskiyou County (way up north near the Oregon border). There may be other counties with a shorter list that I don't know about.

Short term, your main options will be a private room (unless you can afford an apartment), or a homeless shelter. There might also be a battered womans shelter in your area, if your problem was physical abuse.

Where do you live?

EDIT: Oops, didn't know I was in the LA forum! Thought I was in the general California forum. I don't think it will be quick in LA, but get started with the projects and also start an application for Section 8, which is a much better thing to have than getting into a project. It takes even longer to get, but once you get it you can move with it to any place in the US, even Hawaii if you can find someone there to take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles