Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 03:28 AM

6 posts, read 11,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl67 View Post
As far as I'm concerned, you people who elected liberal wacko representatives who, in turn, drove your state into the ground should have to stay there and live with what YOU DID. Stop going to places like Texas and Oklahoma, which are traditionally conservative states and trying to elect the same types of people that messed up California. WE DON'T WANT YOUR LIBERALISM IN THIS PART OF THE COUNTRY and Texas certainly doesn't need to be driven into the ground, which is what you leftist wackos are sure to do to it. So stay where you are and live with your decisions.
Don't worry, SoonerGirl67. I had no intentions of moving to Texas or Oaklahoma. And I think the unwarranted, narrow-minded views displayed in your post prove the importance of my initial question. Every city/state has a unique culture - some embrace change while others shun it. I come from a personal city/state culture that doesn't care about an individual's city/state background. What matters is if we can connect via similar interests. And if we can't, we should be able to respect each others' differences. I will never understand why some people attempt to be great by making others small.

As a man thinketh, so is he. Stay small.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 03:36 AM

6 posts, read 11,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newscruzer1 View Post
For a quick get away and a nice drive of about 180 miles, they head north towards Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo Counties, driving Hwy.101 the coast highway, after you get into Oxnard, Ventura,you get views of the pacific ocean.
When you pass Santa Barbara and aproch Pismo Beach you have many choices to choose from.
beach cities,Grover Beach, Pismo beach, shell beach, Aliva and then along hwy 1 there is Morro bay, from there, cayucos, Cambria and San Simion, all are really great get aways.
from the cost you can swing inland along Hwy. 46 east into paso Robles, wine country, or Hwy 41 into Atascadero.
If you go from Morro bay through 41, be sure to stop in at the Last Stage West about 8mi. from Morro bay towards Atascadeo.
For a great afternoon, or a couples days get away, these areas are prime.
Hope this helps
Thanks. I was talking about relocation, but your post helped in that it called up a lot of memories about trips and visits along PCH. If you have any information to share about Californians relocating to other states and their experiences, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks for responding.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:21 AM

20 posts, read 67,510 times
Every place has it pluses and minuses. It doesn't matter where you are in the world. You can't please all of the people all of the time, just some of the people some of the time, different strokes and all that. I've lived in LA, Oslo (Norway) & London (here now and love it) but fancy a change. I also travel lots to my dads in Norway, which is a tiny town of 20000 people. Now for me it a lovely place to go for a week but could i live there...no chance. Personally i am looking for some urban life, people, parties, etc plus outdoor life in beaches and mountains. With my work there appears to be few places that can offer me that other than LA...so i want to head to LA. Horses for courses, if you don't like then leave, if you do, stay. Simples.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:37 PM

30 posts, read 63,554 times
Take a shot of tequila, blindfold yourself and throw a dart at a globe and you'll probably hit a place with better prospects.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:52 PM

263 posts, read 529,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl67 View Post
As far as I'm concerned, you people who elected liberal wacko representatives who, in turn, drove your state into the ground should have to stay there and live with what YOU DID. Stop going to places like Texas and Oklahoma, which are traditionally conservative states and trying to elect the same types of people that messed up California. WE DON'T WANT YOUR LIBERALISM IN THIS PART OF THE COUNTRY and Texas certainly doesn't need to be driven into the ground, which is what you leftist wackos are sure to do to it. So stay where you are and live with your decisions.
LOLZ.

Go ask 100 random people from around the world - would you rather move to California or Texas? I'd estimate 95+ would say CA. Outside of Austin, Texas is an absolute pit. Too bad your wacko governor couldn't convince the rest of the ignorant inbreds to secede.

Don't mess with Texas....

Give it back to Mexico!

Old 08-20-2010, 06:15 PM

938 posts, read 4,093,697 times
People only move to Texas (and all of those other states), because you can buy a McMansion on a Burger King salary.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:24 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,446,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
People only move to Texas (and all of those other states), because you can buy a McMansion on a Burger King salary.
And earning $100k but still living in an apartment is better?

Old 08-20-2010, 08:35 PM

731 posts, read 1,367,697 times
I think you are promoting Texas without realizing it in your sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post

Old 08-20-2010, 08:36 PM

938 posts, read 4,093,697 times
I'm not putting the place down, or picking any sides. I'd be foolish to deny that the abundance of cheap (and cheaply built, too) homes was often the sole reason many Californians made the move to newly-built suburban areas in Arizona, Texas, Idaho, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles