Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 07:01 PM

514 posts, read 1,441,054 times

Advertisements

La Crescenta no longer has a high population of whites.up to the mid 90's,I'd agree.Not any longer.Lot's of Armenians and Asians. Having been born and raised in that area ans lived there for 40yrs,I know.

It's still a nice and quiet town to live in.Low in crime,but it is rising.The Glendale Unified School District is still one of the best.Millions of dollars just revamped the school within the last 10 years.

What's funny about this town is many people have never heard of it,even people who have lived within an hour of this place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 10:32 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,608,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clnconcpts View Post
La Crescenta no longer has a high population of whites.up to the mid 90's,I'd agree.Not any longer.Lot's of Armenians and Asians. Having been born and raised in that area ans lived there for 40yrs,I know.

It's still a nice and quiet town to live in.Low in crime,but it is rising.The Glendale Unified School District is still one of the best.Millions of dollars just revamped the school within the last 10 years.

What's funny about this town is many people have never heard of it,even people who have lived within an hour of this place.
Armenians aren't "white"? duh!

Old 01-23-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Armenians aren't "white"? duh!

I dont consider them Caucasians.They are of a European decent,NO? Middle Easterners

Old 01-24-2009, 01:25 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,608,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clnconcpts View Post
I dont consider them Caucasians.They are of a European decent,NO? Middle Easterners
Look up "caucasians" before making more foolish statements

Old 01-24-2009, 04:13 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,548,321 times
Although Armenians are classified as white, I think most of us would agree that we don't think of them as being included in the WASP category. I grew up in La Crescenta, and in that respect, it has changed a lot. Having said that, I don't want this discussion to veer off topic into a discussion of race and ethnicity, please! (She says with her "mod hat" on! )

La Crescenta is still a very nice area, mostly because it's between two mountain ranges, so the growth potential is limited. I'd definitely live there again if I could!

Old 01-24-2009, 04:36 PM

72,412 posts, read 18,199,776 times
I have friends that live up there.You can see the the Rosebowl way down from the mountains. Very peaceful. Also for parents who don't want their kids to stay more often at home
You would get really lost coming down the mountain,you might end up in Glendale.Which I often did end up!

Old 01-24-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Although Armenians are classified as white, I think most of us would agree that we don't think of them as being included in the WASP category. I grew up in La Crescenta, and in that respect, it has changed a lot. Having said that, I don't want this discussion to veer off topic into a discussion of race and ethnicity, please! (She says with her "mod hat" on! )

La Crescenta is still a very nice area, mostly because it's between two mountain ranges, so the growth potential is limited. I'd definitely live there again if I could!
Thanks,Sandy.I knew I wasnt the only one who thought this way.

La Crescenta still has the feeling of living in a small town.Just head down to montrose and see the small town feel on Honolulu.

Housing is expensive for what it is,but many claim it's worth it.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:51 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,242,603 times
LMAO.
Armenians are for the most part more caucasian than almost any WASP, Jew, Russian, Pole, Czech, Italian, German you can find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles