Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 09:49 AM

300 posts, read 1,014,935 times

Advertisements

Asian gangs aint a problem. Most of them are like organized crime, u cant see it. They're not like these "hood" morons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 10:20 AM

1,084 posts, read 3,288,274 times
Just curious why you are so interested in Asian gangs in general and specifically in Southern California? I saw you have a bunch of other posts in the Kansas forum about Asian gangs in Kansas and saying how you are moving there or live there. Why so concerned?

Old 01-26-2009, 11:15 AM

137 posts, read 602,795 times
My older brother actually got caught up in Asian Gangs in high school. He was at a Catholic High School in Rosemead/Motebello area. They were mostly Philipino gangs there at the time, although we aren't Philipino. The majority of the members resided in Hacienda Heights, Roland Heights, Covina etc. Even when I went to High School in San Marino, there were a few Asian gang members; albeit some may have just been "wannabes". You'll also have Korean gangs in say K-Town, and Chinese gangs operating in Chinatown or Monterey Park/San Gabriel.

They do pride themselves as being more into organized crime, e.g. insurance fraud, credit card/identity fraud etc. Not to say that there isn't also senseless violence involved.

Check out this link, it was somewhat useful: Asian Gangs Los Angeles County

Oh and btw, my brother "got out" and is now a Orthopedic Suregon for the Navy

Old 09-23-2009, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 17,168 times
Charles thats a stereotype i find it offensive its like saying all mexicans are aliens and all whites are racist. I think that would be a compliment to asians considering they are smart...Yeah asians are so smart compared to you other "races"

Old 09-23-2009, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 17,168 times
Thats a stereotype! so i just pointed out for you you idiot

Old 09-23-2009, 07:42 PM

1,156 posts, read 3,782,039 times
There are Filipino, Chinese, Samoan and Vietnamese gangs in L.A. (and maybe Cambodian gangs in Long Beach? Not sure about that) and the Vietnamese are the deadliest of the lot. There are also Korean wannabe gangbangers. There may be some Yakuza, too, but like others have said, the Koreans, Chinese and Yakuza tend to be more like the U.S. mafia in opting for the usual organized crime rackets. The Samoans and Filipinos are more like the Mexican gangs, from what I understand, but I also have to say that I have never encountered a Filipino gangster or any other Asian gangsters, so I could be wrong. You will probably have more problems with the Armenians in Glendale than the Asians (in other words, almost none).

Old 09-24-2009, 04:19 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,993,377 times
LA is gang capitol of the country and certainly Asian gangs are part of this. That is why I would never want to raise my kids there! And too bad for me my parents were poor Asian immigrants who didn't know better than to raise their kids in what they thought was a nice American suburb, but really a breeding ground for thugs.

Asian gangs in the San Gabriel Valley (in LA) were known back in the 90's for their home invasions. This is where they would break and enter a home when the residents are home and tie them up, beat them, and demand money. Asian gangs only target Asians for these home invasion crimes because they are familiar with the Asian mentality, know that Asians like to keep their money and jewels in their homes rather than the bank, and often times don't call the cops.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:36 PM

21 posts, read 48,380 times
Oh excuse, Vietnamese gangs reside in O.C not in San Gabriel Valley. Asian gangs are not that bad compared to hispanic gangs imo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles