Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 09:41 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drika2 View Post
Is it illegal to use a handicap space to turn around in the parking lot? If not, can I fight this citation? Are all the police officers in Culver City like this?
Your answer is bolded, in (b), below.

You're well within your rights to fight the citation, although, from your description, it sounds like a good cite, provided it was written as 22507.8(b), not (a). Even (a) is likely a good cite, but open to slightly more interpretation from a judge.

Quote:
22507.8. (a) It is unlawful for any person to park or leave standing any vehicle in a stall or space designated for disabled persons and disabled veterans pursuant to Section 22511.7 or 22511.8 of this code or Section 14679 of the Government Code, unless the vehicle displays either a special identification license plate issued pursuant to Section 5007 or a distinguishing placard issued pursuant to Section 22511.55 or 22511.59.

(b) It is unlawful for any person to obstruct, block, or otherwise bar access to those parking stalls or spaces except as provided in subdivision (a).

(c) It is unlawful for any person to park or leave standing any vehicle, including a vehicle displaying a special identification license plate issued pursuant to Section 5007 or a distinguishing placard issued pursuant to Section 22511.55 or 22511.59, in either of the following places:

(1) On the lines marking the boundaries of a parking stall or space designated for disabled persons or disabled veterans.

(2) In any area of the pavement adjacent to a parking stall or space designated for disabled persons or disabled veterans that is marked by crosshatched lines and is thereby designated, pursuant to any local ordinance, for the loading and unloading of vehicles parked in the stall or space.

(d) Subdivisions (a), (b), and (c) apply to all offstreet parking facilities owned or operated by the state, and to all offstreet parking facilities owned or operated by a local authority. Subdivisions (a), (b), and (c) also apply to any privately owned and maintained offstreet parking facility.

Amended Sec. 12, Ch. 200, Stats. 2009. Effective January 1, 2010.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 10:27 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjay123 View Post
I was in downtown and put money in the meter . Then saw a guy writing me a ticket when i showed him the meter had money he ripped up the ticket and said sorry. I got the ticket in mail anyways . When you try to fight you get automated responce saying you lost. You must realize parking control is a private company contracted by the city and they are commission based.
Well i dont vote so noone can blame me
What city are you talking about?? Downtown Los Angeles? That's simply not true.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:18 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drika2 View Post
I pulled into the parking lot of Sprouts and there where a lot of cars behind me. I wanted to turn around so I pulled into a handicap stall put my car in reverse and let the cars behind me go by. A Culver City police officer pull behind me and blocked me in and said, "where is your handicap plaque." I told the officer "I am backing up to turn around, can't you see my back up lights?" He told me I was parking illegally and I told him I was not parking. Then he said "if you are not parking, then I am not writing you a ticket." I continue to block me in as he wrote me a $365 ticket. Is it illegal to use a handicap space to turn around in the parking lot? If not, can I fight this citation? Are all the police officers in Culver City like this?
Should have said, "If you're not writing me a ticket, then you must not be here." and then used your car to push his car out of the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles