Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 09:31 PM

7 posts, read 20,146 times

Advertisements

Hello. A buddy and me are driving from Vegas out to LA to get an Angels and a Dodgers game in May. I was wondering if anyone could steer me on to some hotels in the area that split the difference between the two stadiums? We'd like not to spend too much money but also we need to stay in a place that's safe and has some nightlife (safer is more important). Any suggestions would be great about where to stay, eat, drink etc. Thanks in advance, Chris.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 09:45 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,197,011 times
The places in between angel and dodger stadiums are mostly either sketchy or boring. Since you're on a budget, I would pick a place like fullerton. Fullerton is only a short drive to anaheim, yet still only 45 minutes or so from dodger stadium. fullerton also has a nice little downtown with plenty of places to get some drinks.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:44 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,764,799 times
fullerton is probably a good choice. when they have homegames on tuesdays, they have a pregame show at throwbacks in fullerton. after the show everyone hops on the train and takes it to angel stadium(drops you off in the parking lot). may be a fun thing to do if the days line up.

Throwbacks Tuesdays
(http://www.am830klaa.com/programs_hudler.html - broken link)

Old 04-17-2009, 01:18 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Tommy Lasorda lived (may still live) in Fullerton when he was the manager of the Dodgers.

If you can find a good deal, like includes free internet, breakfast, happy hour, like Homewood Suites or Residence Inn or Courtyard type place, look anywhere in the box of the 5, 605, 57, 60. None of the towns there have a bad rap. Anything west of the 605 might get sketchy, anything north of the 60 or east of the 57 is unnecessarily too far.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:28 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
If you don't mind splitting rooms I found the area near the angels stadium to be pretty nice

i was there on business and walked to an angels game from the doubletree - also an ayers inn and a few other hotels in that immediate area

15-20 minute walk to the stadium, a decent sports bar on the way

in the other direction you are 5-10 minute walk from the block which has some bars/restaurants there .... nothing too amazing, but ensures you can go out, have a good time, have a few drinks and not worry about driving

Old 04-17-2009, 01:46 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,764,799 times
its ayres, not ayers, and they're one of the best little chains around. awesome place to stay if you can find one where you need to be. good prices, full breakfast(with cook to cook you eggs/pancakes/etc), large room with large couch and tv(you can get one with a divider between the beds if you want too). there is one by angel stadium, not sure about fullerton though

Old 04-17-2009, 03:00 PM

7 posts, read 20,146 times
Default What about Huntington Beach?

all great advice...I really appreciate it. How about staying in Huntington Beach? I'm actually in Arizona and a little beach time sounds very inviting. Is HB a good place to stay? Cheers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles