Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 04:13 AM

1,512 posts, read 8,167,111 times

Advertisements

I am 29 year-old black male, that has a interest in meeting and dating Asian or Hispanic women. Is the city of Los Angeles a good place for these kind of relationships? Do Asian and Latin males frown upon black males dating women of their geographical-racial group? Also, in general, do Asian and Hispanic families shun their daughters from dating black males? By the way, I'm not seeking pre-marital sexual relations, just dating and companionship.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:13 AM

938 posts, read 4,093,978 times
No way, Jose.

I've had zero problems dating Asians or Hispanics, not even White Hispanics. Generally speaking, based on experiences anyways, its the Koreans and Armenians/Russians who can be a bit chauvinistic and frown upon dating people of color, but even then that doesn't apply to the whole race. Hell, I get more flak from the ghetto hoochie mama types than anyone, lol.

If you're a good, genuine person and carry yourself in a respectable and dignified manner I don't see what in the world would hinder you from dating someone of another race.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:37 AM

305 posts, read 771,320 times
I honestly don't think you can find a better place.

L.A., and most parts of California are very lax about interracial relationships. And I mean in the entire country.

Well... sometimes you'll catch some flack from Latin males about dating their women (I'm black and dated a few Latinas, I can speak on that with experience. And nine times outta ten it's gonna be a cholo tripping of off that). Screw them though, do what you want to do.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:57 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
I am 29 year-old black male, that has a interest in meeting and dating Asian or Hispanic women. Is the city of Los Angeles a good place for these kind of relationships?
Sure! We have an abundance of Latinas and a fairly large Asian population too. The Latinas are all over, but you might have better luck with the Asians by seeking them in Asian areas of the city.

Quote:
Do Asian and Latin males frown upon black males dating women of their geographical-racial group?
I'm sure some of them do, but what do you care? Just stay out of rough neighborhoods and you should be okay.

Quote:
Also, in general, do Asian and Hispanic families shun their daughters from dating black males?
Again, some do, some don't. Just check out the vibes before you get serious. In other words, discuss it with your date before you get very involved.

Quote:
By the way, I'm not seeking pre-marital sexual relations, just dating and companionship.
You may have better acceptance from their families if it's clear that you're not doing their daughter.

So my advice is that if you like them and they like you, go for it!

Old 05-09-2009, 12:08 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,159 times
While I am a white guy I can comment positively that LA is very laid back in terms of interracial dating/relationships..I dated a black girl when I lived in So. Cal. She lived in Bev. Hills; I lived in South OC. We were treated very well in LA, but people in OC. generally seemed to have a problem with it. I would get stares from people all the time in OC.. not good ones..hardly any black people in South OC, I can kind of see why now looking back.. however In LA you see black dudes with both Latin or Asian women all the time..Like other poster said above, probably one of the best cities in terms of chill..

Old 05-09-2009, 12:24 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
While I am a white guy I can comment positively that LA is very laid back in terms of interracial dating/relationships...
From what I've seen I think Los Angeles is even ready for interspecies dating!

My advice for those interested in interspecies dating is to stick with air breathers.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:47 PM

58 posts, read 192,596 times
Quote:
Do Asian and Latin males frown upon black males dating women of their geographical-racial group?
Asians, yeah, a little bit. Depends. Koreans tend to stick with their own kind. Pinoy's dig black guys though.

Los Chicano's though, aren't really down with black people. That's a generalization, but I've heard the word Moderator cut: inappropriate language thrown around more by Latinos more than by whites..

It is what it is.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 05-09-2009 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: Please use appropriate language -- thanks.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:52 PM

1,512 posts, read 8,167,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbullet View Post
Asians, yeah, a little bit. Depends. Koreans tend to stick with their own kind. Pinoy's dig black guys though.

Los Chicano's though, aren't really down with black people. That's a generalization, but I've heard the word Moderator cut: inappropriate language thrown around more by Latinos more than by whites..

It is what it is.

What is a Pinoy?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 05-09-2009 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 05-09-2009, 12:54 PM

58 posts, read 192,596 times
Filipino.

Regarding latino communities, there is a lot of old school racism going on there, especially among central Americans.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:15 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,259,689 times
Quote:
I am 29 year-old black male, that has a interest in meeting and dating Asian or Hispanic women. Is the city of Los Angeles a good place for these kind of relationships? Do Asian and Latin males frown upon black males dating women of their geographical-racial group? Also, in general, do Asian and Hispanic families shun their daughters from dating black males? By the way, I'm not seeking pre-marital sexual relations, just dating and companionship.
Considering that Asians, Latinos, and African Americans aren't monolithic groups, it's somewhat misleading to make any generalizations. For instance, if you speak Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese, and Tagalog and have a couple of degrees from Harvard and a six or seven figure income, your dating experiences in Los Angeles will be somewhat different from those of a monolingual AAVE (African American Vernacular English) speaker that's unemployed and only possesses a G.E.D. In addition to what you bring to the table, the families of the women that you date will all have different characteristics and histories. The family of a 300-pound, fourth-generation Nikkei woman might be happy that any male is interested in their daughter and welcome you with open arms, while the family of a woman who recently immigrated from Michoacán might decide to shoot at you for knocking on their door.

Quote:
What is a Pinoy?
Here's a link to the Wikipedia definition for "Pinoy"....
Pinoy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's another link that shows the ethnic diversity of just the Philippines....
Ethnic groups in the Philippines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles