Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2010, 10:54 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,223,464 times

Advertisements

Come by the Dallas forum and see the 9+ page thread on In n Out from last week. They don't like it here. I grew up with it and love it.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:05 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,620,367 times
One thing that bugs me, there are probably only about 3 items on their whole menu and people stand in front of the register and can't make up their minds; then they go off to the soft drink dispenser and stand there for 5 minutes topping off their soda.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:06 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Default There's Life After Burgers Joints..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumerian Feast View Post
I apologize in advance for the sacrilege.

When I told people I was moving here, many of them said "Oh! You HAVE to go to In-N-Out!" When I tell people that I now live here, In-N-Out is one of the first things they mention. And of course, whenever you drive by, there is a line snaking out of the parking lot into the street. There's an article in today's LA Times referring to In-N-Out as "perfection."

So I went, hoping for this amazing experience. And I got:

A cheeseburger that basically tastes like a McDonald's cheeseburger.

Fries that, while I appreciate they're made from real potatoes, were dry and unremarkable.

A Coke that was fine.

I know, sometimes a restaurant can have an off day. So I went back to the In-N-Out in my neighborhood several times. And I went to several different locations in other parts of town. I really wanted to give it a chance. But I had pretty much the same experience every time. I think I'm done trying.

I know, I know: In-N-Out is homegrown. They butcher and deliver their own meat, bake their own buns, slice their own fries. They apparently pay their employees a very good wage and have generous incentives for top managers. That's great. They sound like a good corporation.

But the food itself? Eh. For fast food, frankly, I prefer Wendy's or Burger King.

I know that many here will find this appalling. I'm sorry. I'm just wondering if there are others out there who don't understand the In-N-Out worship.

Remember this one thing "there's life after" Burgers Joints , I live
in Northern California in the North San Francisco Bay Area so
In - And - Out Burgers aren't that popular here anyway, I did get
this Vibe that they were a Notch above the rest however.They
(In - And -Out) had a sort of 1950's feel to the place and were
really clean (my) kids loved it , but I'm off into Healthy Foods
when I eat Fast Foods it's Subway Sandwiches...Or Mexican
..or Asian fast food for me.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:10 PM

157 posts, read 477,555 times
I see they are a sponser for a Funny car in the winter-nationals this year.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:43 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
One thing that bugs me, there are probably only about 3 items on their whole menu and people stand in front of the register and can't make up their minds; then they go off to the soft drink dispenser and stand there for 5 minutes topping off their soda.
pretty funny, this happens in many places, I agree..Don't you wonder if those same people lay in bed every morning wondering if they should crawl out on the right side or left side of the bed..or if they should sip their coffee or juice first when sitting down for breakfast???

Nita

Old 02-15-2010, 01:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
Come by the Dallas forum and see the 9+ page thread on In n Out from last week. They don't like it here. I grew up with it and love it.
Mr Bungle, I don't think it is the people in Texas don't want In N Out, they just don't want Texas to become another California...

Nita

Old 02-15-2010, 03:10 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,808,426 times
I've only had it once and I loved it! We got it to go and took it back to our hotel room, but it was still very good. I didn't care for the fries.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:45 PM

18 posts, read 33,309 times
Overrated? Absolutely not!

Old 02-16-2010, 02:52 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,102,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumerian Feast View Post

A cheeseburger that basically tastes like a McDonald's cheeseburger.

Fries that, while I appreciate they're made from real potatoes, were dry and unremarkable.
I dunno, the burger patties may seem the same size as a McDumpsters patty, but an In'N'Out patty is definitely more juicier and therefore, more filling.
The fries eaten alone are a bit of a bore, but when you order them "Animal Style" with the grilled onions and such, then they kick all other fries to the curb.
Now when it comes to the beverages, I haven't ran into any other place that offers fresh squeezed, pink lemonade at the beverage counters.

My typical order is a 4x4 with fries, all Animal Style, with fresh squeezed, pink lemonade to wash the goodness down.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:55 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,102,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Remember this one thing "there's life after" Burgers Joints , I live
in Northern California in the North San Francisco Bay Area so
In - And - Out Burgers aren't that popular here anyway, I did get
this Vibe that they were a Notch above the rest however.They
(In - And -Out) had a sort of 1950's feel to the place and were
really clean (my) kids loved it , but I'm off into Healthy Foods
when I eat Fast Foods it's Subway Sandwiches...Or Mexican
..or Asian fast food for me.
On my 18wheeler trips up to Oregon and Washington, I found that a great deal of the In'N'Outs in NoCal were all mainly situated along the 5 corridor.

But then again, I was never really routed through any of the inner roads as often as I was with the small carriers that I didn't stay on with that long to experience.

Keep on truckin' y'all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles