Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 07:36 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoZ View Post
I think the burgers are pretty tasty, and they're pretty decently priced, but honestly I wouldn't say they're the best in the world (that honor would go to either Fuddrucker's or Hut's). The fries were a little dry, and apparently that's the general consensus. Now I tell you what I do like are the shakes! Those things are legit.
Interesting you think the fries were dry, I have heard many say they are undercooked and tasteless, but not dry. I am not crazy over them either. As for Fuddruckers again you have to consider a couple of things. they are franchise owned, different from In and Out so the quality often depends on the location. In and OUt are usually pretty consisitant. I have had good Fuddruckers and bad. The last 2 we ate at, one in ABQ and one in Texas had really gone down hill. The other thing, price, we are not comparing a $1.75hamburger with a $5.00 one, we are talking chains with basic burgers under $2.00 which are few and far between, especially with all fresh ingredients and not the chopped stuff that sits around from day to day.

Nita

Old 04-08-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Perhaps because you like them? Do you suggest that someone comes with their own cheese and grilled onions and makes their own?

Also, the cost of the ingredients is not the only cost. It takes them a bit to make the animal fries, about the same time as a double-double. Where as the standard fries are rather quick.

I'm happy to pay ~$2.70 for them.
good point.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:49 PM

8,269 posts, read 13,371,694 times
What is In-N-Out, a burger joint? Sounded like my sex life for a second.

Just kidding, I think they are alright, perhaps a little overrated/overhyped.
Their fries are usually soggy and burgers are undercooked (for my taste) so I usually ask them to make them both weldone.

Typically is a restaurant or burger has so-called 'tasty' food, chances are it is greasier than normal. Charbroiled burger places are generally tastier imho.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
What is In-N-Out, a burger joint? Sounded like my sex life for a second.

Just kidding, I think they are alright, perhaps a little overrated/overhyped.
Their fries are usually soggy and burgers are undercooked (for my taste) so I usually ask them to make them both weldone.

Typically is a restaurant or burger has so-called 'tasty' food, chances are it is greasier than normal. Charbroiled burger places are generally tastier imho.
you might be right, but I still say it goes back to pricing. What so many of us love about In and Out, the price we pay for a burger that is really fresh, real onion slices, real pieces of lettuce, tomato that isn't paper thin, and though some don't care for the fries, at least they too are fresh. If the meat isn't cooked enough, maybe you should ask them to make sure it is well done. They will do everything to order. I do like char broiled, but there aren't many out there under $2.00.

Nita

Old 04-09-2010, 10:21 AM

1,634 posts, read 6,706,769 times
Overrated?.....maybe. But, the In n Out in Atascadero, CA must make that company a mint. That palce is soooooooooo busy, it's unbelievable. If they opened a another rest. up the road on HWY 46 east in Paso Robles, they would rake it in there. A place on the level with InO or better would kill it here.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,394 times
You should order In n Out burgers "Animal Style". That's definitely my favorite. I've grown to love their burgers more and more every time I go. I don't eat their fries though. I'd rather have two burgers and no fries.

I do like Carl's Western Bacon Cheese Burger too tho, and Tommy's Chili Cheese Burger, and the Big Mac, probably in that order.....following "two cheese burgers animal style".

Old 12-28-2010, 10:31 AM

362 posts, read 816,294 times
In n Out (and Fatburger) waaaay overpriced and overrated. Yes.

A 99 cent Wendy's burger puts 'em to shame.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:26 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,152,731 times
In-N-Out is way overrated. I never understood the big deal with the place. I'd rather eat at Carl's Jr or Jack in the Box anyday

Old 12-28-2010, 07:15 PM

2,883 posts, read 5,878,986 times
In n out remains incredible.

I went last night about 8:30 pm. Pretty busy. Had a #1 meal, double double, fries and drink. $5 and change. Carls Jr, Burger King, jack in the box, etc aren't in the same league. Have you tried a jack in the box "taco", lol, if you can call it a taco. Hahaha.

The food tastes beaten down at these other places. You can tell how hard they pinch pennies. Pinch them so hard, you can hardly see them, lol. Pinch them until they break the pennies.

The fries are alright, but still better than many items at carls jr, burger king. The problem at other places is you never know what you're going to get. The quality is all over the map. Everytime I've been to in n out, it's 100% consistency. They've never messed up my order. Employees are always happy there. They *never* seem rushed, or unable to keep up or act like they don't want to be there. How many fast food places can you say that about?

I like in n out as much for their consistency as for their quality. It's one of the most consistent businesses I've ever been to. How many businesses do you go to where you know exactly what you're going to get everytime?

Old 12-28-2010, 07:27 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,854,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
Have you tried a jack in the box "taco", lol, if you can call it a taco. Hahaha.
Those tacos are so bad they're good. I have a monthly jones for them that must be satisfied. They're a fixture from my youth, so maybe it's a nostalgia thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles