Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 11:10 PM

44 posts, read 35,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Only in California is the increasing dominance of a single, hostile, foreign culture celebrated as "diversity".
Actually, I'd replace 'California' with Western Civilization as a whole, but I gave you a +rep anyhow.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:46 PM

78 posts, read 344,152 times
First, for the historian who suggested that we read the history, if you read the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, the US paid only $15 million for the land from Mexico and guaranteed they would honor all the existing land ownership of their new citizens, which the US later failed to honor. So, in essence, I would have to say that hedgefundpirate was not completely wrong that parts of California were stolen from certain of its citizens.

In regards to learning a 2nd language... In every other civilized country in the world, people speak multiple languages. In Europe, everyone learns at least 3 languages in school. Only in the US, are there so many people who do not know a second language. When we travel abroad, actually, it is very easy to find people in those foreign countries who speak English, and everyone is very helpful in trying to help you... in English. Did you know that less than 10% of Americans own a passport? Yet, lots of Americans who have never been outside our country or even had a conversation with someone of a different ethnicity have such strong opinions about people of other backgrounds even though they have not made an attempt to learn accurate information about them. We just need to respect each other.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:13 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinMom06 View Post
Only in the US, are there so many people who do not know a second language. When we travel abroad, actually, it is very easy to find people in those foreign countries who speak English, and everyone is very helpful in trying to help you... in English. Did you know that less than 10% of Americans own a passport? Yet, lots of Americans who have never been outside our country or even had a conversation with someone of a different ethnicity have such strong opinions about people of other backgrounds even though they have not made an attempt to learn accurate information about them. We just need to respect each other.
I think you'll find this a crack up:

YouTube - Americans are NOT stupid - WITH SUBTITLES

Old 10-18-2007, 06:25 AM

2 posts, read 3,943 times
why are some people so intolerant of others... get over yourselves and stop disrespecting other cultures... Does it make you feel big to see others so small? what makes you a powerful unquestioned race?
Does you lack of tolerance make you better... does your blatant use of categories and classes give you an upper hand? why is it that money makes you automatically a powerful race? There are more important things that define character.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:05 AM

2,318 posts, read 7,842,631 times
There's a sticky saying immigration issues are supposed to be discussed in the immigration forum... let's enforce that! Please!

Old 10-18-2007, 11:15 AM

2,197 posts, read 7,391,103 times
Guess what? Mexico doesn't want CA back-- because then they'd have to pay for all these services Americanos provide for free. They may have lost one war, but they're winning this one.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:23 PM

87 posts, read 164,138 times
Oh goodness..

Has LA become part of Mexico?...

Well, the answer is yes and the reasoning lies in the fact that Los Angeles is the ONLY forum on City-Data with an announcement saying "No immigration threads."

Old 10-18-2007, 02:12 PM

635 posts, read 1,746,503 times
I love Latino people, and I could care less if you were white, black, brown, yellow, orange, you can always be my friend and I can never stop getting enough of any one group on people. Underneath skin color, we are all created in the same image and the same likeness!

-Glory to God!

Old 10-18-2007, 02:21 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
I love Latino people, and I could care less if you were white, black, brown, yellow, orange, you can always be my friend ...
I agree with you but this guy doesn't:

Message from the Director

Old 10-18-2007, 02:33 PM

635 posts, read 1,746,503 times
Hey Charles,

My comments were actually aimed towards people who are hostile towards illegal immigrants, who have gone beyond disliking illegal immigration to making stereotypical remarks. I choose to forgive people who break the law in every aspect of society (including illegal immigrants), God's love really makes me appreciate the fact I forget my own personal history of law breaking. I'm not self-imposing religion, only sharing how God's love has transformed me from a depressive and hostile and individual, to a man who found belonging in a part of God's wonderful and gracious family! I choose to love illegal immigrants just as I have been loved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles