Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 04:37 PM

19 posts, read 84,146 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have some confusion here.I'm planning to buy a property and have two offers one in Chatsworth(Lake Manor area) and the other Glendale(Adams Hill area).Both of them are equal in size.Advantage with Chatsworth is a better school (Justice,Hale and Elcamino) and advantage with Glendale is proximity to everything(Shoppimg malls,grocerry store).
Let me know what you guys think.
Appreciate it

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 05:06 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_sam View Post
Hello,

I have some confusion here.I'm planning to buy a property and have two offers one in Chatsworth(Lake Manor area) and the other Glendale(Adams Hill area).Both of them are equal in size.Advantage with Chatsworth is a better school (Justice,Hale and Elcamino) and advantage with Glendale is proximity to everything(Shoppimg malls,grocerry store).
Appreciate it

Thanks.
So what is the confusion or question?

Where is your job?

Old 06-16-2009, 05:49 PM

I work in Burbank but wife works in Santa Monica.
Question is which one is a better investment?

Old 06-16-2009, 05:56 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,468,243 times
Quote:
Depends on the demographic of the area and potential buyers. If your potential buyer has kids, then schools usually win. If your buyer is a DINK, gay, urbanite couple, or gentrifier, then location and amentities will win. Long term, safe close-in areas will continue to out-appreciate farther out areas because fewer people are having kids and those that do are waiting longer to have them.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:04 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times
Quote:
Ouch. No matter where you live, someone is going to have a bad commute. Chatsworth Lake Manor is far from both places. At least Glendale is closer to Burbank.

Hard to answer the investment question.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:03 AM

Thanks everyone for your input.Its good to get some unbiased opinion.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:36 AM

1,465 posts, read 5,146,216 times
Chatsworth has the Metrolink nearby with two stops in Burbank (airport and downtown Burbank). That might be an option.
To get from Chatsworth to Santa Monica, I would take Topanga south to the beach and turn left a few miles, then go up the California Incline at Santa Monica. Probably not too bad a commute

Old 06-17-2009, 11:30 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,592,101 times
Quote:
Hello,

Appreciate it

Thanks.
Glendale would have better schools than Chatsworth because Chatsworth is LAUSD. El Camino is considered the best comprehensive in LAUSD but that isn't saying much - it's like saying what's the best terrorist group.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:47 PM

"it's like saying what's the best terrorist group"
Thanks again for your input and comments.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:51 AM

2 posts, read 8,461 times
Well Chatsworth Lake Manor and Glendale are 2 VERY different areas, so it depends on what type of neighborhood u are looking to move to. I have lived in Chatsworth Lake Manor all of my life, so u can ask me anything about the area and I will give u all needed info. I don't know about Adams Hill, but Lake Manor is a very unique community. I'm sure u have visited the property, so u know that we are a secluded, eclectic neigborhood in the hills. We have the sense of community of a small town, yet boast a wide range of characters. The question is, what types of people would u prefer to raise your kids around. From what I know, there is a huge Armenian population in Glendale, which will include hard working, well to do immigrants, as well as young spoiled brats who drive around in BMWs blasting rap, while giving strangers dirty looks and trying their hardest to look tough. Note, however that every area has their breed of toughs. Here in Lake Manor, there are many members of the Hells Angels motorcycle club. The clubhouse of the Hells Angels sits here in Lake Manor. So do u prefer to hear spoiled teenagers yelling and blasting rap, or motorcycles day and night? Our area is very qiet at night in general though. The residents here are very friendly to their neighbors in general, but note that some have lived rough lives and been to prison, so giving them a hard time for no reason is not a good idea. Hopefully u are a nice guy, because we dont take kindly to newcommers who dont appreciate the nighborhood and have an attitude. This is a nighorhood which very much values freedom, and its wild west history. Befor I go into more, I would be happy to answer any questions u have about Lake Manor. What street is the house on btw?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles