Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 04:05 PM

321 posts, read 1,440,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin A View Post
I can also get into the gang disscusion, where yes there is alot of crime in Florida. Trust me man I stay up very late researching gangs, so I know my facts.
So do I.... but I was told I had to post them... hard to post videos ... ty for backing up what I experienced... I was told if I don't post only positive things.. I had to back up any negative things with on line facts.... otherwise they see anything negative about California as Trolling. Forget what you experienced or facts .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 04:07 PM

321 posts, read 1,440,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blksophisticado View Post
Those of you who are frustrated with Los Angeles and Southern California in general should take the time to read the following.

Yes the 405 sucks
Yes traffaic is bad all the time.
The air stinks.
Housing prices are set for millonaires.
There are gangs.
People are fake and materialistic
Having conversations with strangers as un often as this occurs is pointless as it usually seems that no one has interest in talking and if they do its about them selves and what part of Hollywood they want to break into.
Speeding and other fines are through the roof.
Gas is way higher than other parts of the country.
Truly sucks.

However, there is a city on the other side of the country called Miami which is a hell hole.

Miami is somewhat cheaper but the whole state of Florida seems to be like 30 years behind the rest of the nation.

The roads are narrow.
People dont know how to drive.
They cut you off to go slower than what you were going. I got cut off in L.A. many times but the person was usually actually going somewhere and trying to get there faster than I was.
Restuarants have no grade in Miami.
No inspection or signs posted by the county to ensure cleanliness and no roaches.
People are rude. Not California rude, but all out ignorant fist fight instead of honking for stealing a parking space rude.
They interrupt.
They shout.
They dont say excuse me.
If there are 7 people standing in line and person number 5 has a question he interrupts the conversation of person number 1 without saying excuses but boldy shouting at the cashier with total disregard for any body in line.
Californians are much more quiet and classy in general.
Miami is ghetto. The city has no identity other than tourism. Imagine going from BEL AIR to Watts with nothing in between. You either have money or you dont in Miami because the job that pays 15 dollars in L.A. pays 7 dollars in Miami.
50 high school drop out rate in Miami Dade county at one point.
People with gold teeth in there mouth.
People are slow. Imagine waiting 35 minutes for two scoops of Cherrys Jubilee ice cream at Baskin Robins.
Waiters and Waitresses have an attitude and customer service just doenst exist.
People dont speed up to get on the expressway.
They get to the end of the ramp and damn near stop.
Just imagine I havent even experienced the hurricanes yet.

If you are unhappy in L.A. consider very carefully where you decide to move. L.A. is not perfect but Californias are spoiled and are lucky to live in one of tthe most open minded progressive forward moving states in the union.
I was told that if you post negative things about California on this forum its considered trolling unless you provide facts.... do the rules onlyapply to a few? I agree with you....but I am not allowed to state this.... Censorship.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:01 PM

33 posts, read 140,806 times
i am going to be visiting miami next month. I am going to be staying downtown around 100 Bayshore. (marriot courtyard). can I walk around down there? Is it safe to take public transportation from there to South Beach?

Old 04-20-2007, 02:52 PM

97 posts, read 646,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neenee99 View Post
i am going to be visiting miami next month. I am going to be staying downtown around 100 Bayshore. (marriot courtyard). can I walk around down there? Is it safe to take public transportation from there to South Beach?
Yes south beach is safe but at night be careful and stay near the populated areas.Miami is not as bad as you are being told and you can actually breathe the air.Most of the bad areas are under bulldozing right now and soon wont exsist.I only wish the same could be said for LA.There are alot of bums in south beach just dont make eye contact and ignore them when they beg for money to buy drugs and liquor with.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:53 PM

97 posts, read 646,714 times
Republicans do a much better job of running the state of Florida than Californias liberal democrats.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:51 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgefundpirate View Post
Republicans do a much better job of running the state of Florida than Californias liberal democrats.
How so? The crime rate of most florida cities is ridiculous.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:00 PM

196 posts, read 1,237,189 times
Default Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer68 View Post
I love Miami. I've hoped a little more Cuban culture would migrate this direction for a while.
I also would like that, I love the latino diversity in Miami area, not only mexican as in LA, also many people from Cuba, and Spain, the perfect mix on a clubbing night, whoah! I love Miami Beach and South Beach, who dont?

I´ve visited Miami several times, and I never had a problem, and never have seem a crime there, the latin smooth is pretty sexy, I love Miami.

I think all that things posted are those in places as Detroit, Houston, Philadelphia or Atlanta, but never seem that in Miami, one of the most exciting places to live in the whole country.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:51 PM

38,891 posts, read 22,875,846 times
Default Miami vs. L.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
Miami is also hot, very humid, no mountains.. poor surf.. and for most residents an effort at assimilation is far-fetched-I'll take LA anyday.
I lived in Florida (Orlando, never been to South Florida) when I was a kid. I could remember the hot, humid weather, thunderstorms every day during the summer, people don't drive very fast (compared to here) and huge cockroaches that can fly!

I'm with newportbeachsmostwanted--I'll take L.A. any day!

Old 04-22-2007, 01:23 AM

615 posts, read 856,461 times
I would never even consider moving to Miami, but that's because I hate hot damp sticky weather.

Old 04-22-2007, 02:43 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
JJP wrote:
Quote:
Houston doesn't have all those issues, why do so many in CA bash on Houston? And most of the negative I hear I have to laugh at, it's all exaggerated or untrue.
I`ve live south of Houston, toward Sugarland and have been to Houston many times.. The only thing I don`t like about Houston, or should I just say Texas in general, is the humidity. You can hardly breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles