Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 04:52 PM

11 posts, read 74,926 times

Advertisements

Hi.

Me and my friend are going to USA this summer. So, we are looking for summer jobs in the USA. We are students and we will be staying from may to august. We will have the J1 visa and all the necesary papers to get a job. We are from Colombia.

Any help to get a job will be appreciated. Links? Emails?

Thankyou

Old 04-18-2007, 06:51 PM

340 posts, read 744,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilycoyote View Post
Hi.

Me and my friend are going to USA this summer. So, we are looking for summer jobs in the USA. We are students and we will be staying from may to august. We will have the J1 visa and all the necesary papers to get a job. We are from Colombia.

Any help to get a job will be appreciated. Links? Emails?

Thankyou
Is there a certain type of work you want to do, or just anything to help with costs ??? What area will you be staying in ??..

Old 04-19-2007, 08:51 PM

We will be there just for summer. Im planning to rent a small room for this 3 months and thats it. Where do I want live? I dont know, i've never been in LA before.

I studied advertising and have 1 year of experience. Im copywriter. Would be great to find a job in an advertising company, but I think its a little hard to find a job in an advertising company for just 3 months, so Im thinking of jobs like bartender or waitress...something easy to find.

What do you think?

Old 04-19-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
We will be there just for summer. Im planning to rent a small room for this 3 months and thats it. Where do I want live? I dont know, i've never been in LA before.

I studied advertising and have 1 year of experience. Im copywriter. Would be great to find a job in an advertising company, but I think its a little hard to find a job in an advertising company for just 3 months, so Im thinking of jobs like bartender or waitress...something easy to find.

What do you think?
L.A. is pretty expensive no matter where you want to live, so you will have to try to find rooms for rent in someone's house, or maybe find someone who needs a couple of roommate's for an apt.. I would think you could find a bartending/waitressing job pretty easily.. L.A. has plenty of bars/restaurants/clubs, etc...

Old 04-23-2007, 09:13 AM

OK. Thankyou, Any links or sites I can look for this jobs?

Thankyou,

Old 04-23-2007, 10:23 PM

Quote:

Thankyou,
http://www.monster.com/

Here is a link to get you started for the job portion.. I will have to do some checking to see about housing.. Sorry, I haven't had to look for a place to live for a long time.. I will send what I find...

Old 04-23-2007, 10:24 PM

662 posts, read 1,281,680 times
Quote:

Thankyou,
Go to craigslist.com for apartment and job info. It's a very good site.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 7,469 times
Default Finding a job

HI,
My cousin and I are plannig to work next summer in any place at United States. We are interested in baby sitting, park worker, bartender, working at a restaurant or something similar. Also, we need some place to live in. We hope you find something for us and we will be waiting for your reply.
Thanks,
Juliana

Old 02-05-2009, 05:20 AM

1 posts, read 6,176 times
I need a job offer in Pa for 2009 summer vacation. Can you help me ?

Old 05-10-2009, 11:58 PM

1 posts, read 5,694 times
Hello, im planning to be a student in LA next year, and looking for a job, i graduated from high school in CA. Now I have already completed degree in political science and work experience as an administrative manager. Can u help me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles