Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 11:59 PM

64 posts, read 133,905 times

Advertisements

To the Op-Don't let negative people discourage you. I am moving to LA in a few months to pursue modeling and acting. What are the chances that I will be the next Lindsay Lohan? Slim to none, however, I will not let that stop me from pursuing my dream. If you want to act, model, or work in any aspect of the entertainment industry; Los Angeles is the place to be. You may not become the next Quentin Tarintino or Michael Bay, but in the end, when you're old, atleast you can say you tried to live the dream. And, if you're going to film school, you're still way ahead of a lot of hopefuls who move to LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 12:09 AM

39 posts, read 97,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelChick View Post
To the Op-Don't let negative people discourage you. I am moving to LA in a few months to pursue modeling and acting. What are the chances that I will be the next Lindsay Lohan? Slim to none, however, I will not let that stop me from pursuing my dream. If you want to act, model, or work in any aspect of the entertainment industry; Los Angeles is the place to be. You may not become the next Quentin Tarintino or Michael Bay, but in the end, when you're old, atleast you can say you tried to live the dream. And, if you're going to film school, you're still way ahead of a lot of hopefuls who move to LA.
I want to model, I have the height, the jaw line(lol) and just that physique. I just dont have the time. The closest Model agency is in nashville and thats almost and hour drive from where i am. Between school and work i just wouldnt have the time. You have to have a flexible schedule for that type stuff. plus it's expensive. I have an appointment at John Casablancas or whatever Wed. though. so we'll see how that goes.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:10 AM

10 posts, read 28,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad135 View Post
Wow... :/ that's horrible. Yeah i'll definately try to avoid places like that. And yes La Film School in Hollywood. It's on Sunset Blvd.
If that is where you are living, I suggest you look for stuff around WeHo, Miracle Mile, and Los Feliz if you want a safe and fun environment. If you check craigslist religiously, you can steal some deals. You can also look at Koreatown. Rent is cheaper and its not a bad neighborhood depending on what street you are on.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezman View Post
If that is where you are living, I suggest you look for stuff around WeHo, Miracle Mile, and Los Feliz if you want a safe and fun environment. If you check craigslist religiously, you can steal some deals. You can also look at Koreatown. Rent is cheaper and its not a bad neighborhood depending on what street you are on.
I have time. I still have two years of highschool left. But ill keep those in mind though, thanks

Old 07-12-2009, 12:22 AM

Quote:
I want to model, I have the height, the jaw line(lol) and just that physique. I just dont have the time. The closest Model agency is in nashville and thats almost and hour drive from where i am. Between school and work i just wouldnt have the time. You have to have a flexible schedule for that type stuff. plus it's expensive. I have an appointment at John Casablancas or whatever Wed. though. so we'll see how that goes.
Where were you planning on working?

Old 07-12-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Where were you planning on working?

I really have no idea. I havent really looked much because its not like i can go to an interview or anything. Do you have suggestions on places that would pay good and what not?

Old 07-12-2009, 12:30 AM

I California, servers and bartenders get minimum wage plus tips, so a restaurant or club might be a start.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
I California, servers and bartenders get minimum wage plus tips, so a restaurant or club might be a start.
Perhaps. But bartending you would have to be 21 and i plan on moving out there after highschool. so that wouldnt work out. What other jobs are there to offer that arent restaurant related?

Old 07-12-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Perhaps. But bartending you would have to be 21 and i plan on moving out there after highschool. so that wouldnt work out. What other jobs are there to offer that arent restaurant related?
You need to be 18 to work in a bar, not 21. With no education, restaurants really are your best bet. I live in an abandoned ghost town in the mid-west and I work at a bar. I am 20 years old, and bring in no less than 100 bucks cash per night. I can't really say that for too many other jobs.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:38 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
Too bad restaurants are closing left and right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles