Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 06:38 PM

355 posts, read 1,479,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGR 818 View Post
According to that Map Inglewood is safer than the hollywood hills and canoga park is safer than chatsworth
LOL, zoom into the zip code or type in Hollywood Hills etc. and do the comps. Inglewood can vary WILDLY. Hollywood Hills is also large (west Hollywood Hills, east Hollywood Hills, center/along the 101, etc.)

Canoga Park isn't as nice as it once was...although Chatsworth, yeesh.

I look at the actual crime statistics posted for the zip code more than the color on the map. And did you have it clicked on "safety"? Because it defaults to real estate values I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 06:42 PM

355 posts, read 1,479,078 times
Okay I took a look at Hollywood Hills specifically. The problem is the crime stats are provided by the North Hollywood and Hollywood division, which completely skews it as there is a HUGE difference between Hollywood and North Hollywood versus the Hollywood Hills.

I bet if you looked up the zip codes for the Hollywood Hills, it would give better scores.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:56 PM

23 posts, read 76,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffknight918 View Post
Like others said, the crime is usually contained to certain areas which you would not want to visit anyway. The crime is also in San Francisco and every other big city in the country. It happens more in LA because it is such a big city. LA isn't even close to being one of the most dangerous cities in the country. Places like Detroit and St Louis are ten times worse.
You never lived in the bad areas of St.Louis, Detroit or LA so how would you know? I lived in both the bad areas of St.Louis, LA and Dallas and as far as crime goes, LA is the worst. The thing is, no matter what the stats say, the biggest cities always have the worst neighborhoods. Hell damn near all of St. Louis gangs came from LA gang members moving there and increasing the crime rate.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,527 times
Is Long beach a good place to live? and is it a good place to move. Can you please tell me a good location. I have been waiting for awhile to move from my old town, and I thought that Califoria would be a good place to start. I am not really into L.A., because there are to many gangs in that area. I want to move to a big city like L.A. but I want to be safe. Can you give me some advise were there is a good location in L.A. or around L.A. near the beach coast line, and no gangbanger's.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:18 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,054,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Casiquito View Post
Is Long beach a good place to live? and is it a good place to move. Can you please tell me a good location. I have been waiting for awhile to move from my old town, and I thought that Califoria would be a good place to start. I am not really into L.A., because there are to many gangs in that area. I want to move to a big city like L.A. but I want to be safe. Can you give me some advise were there is a good location in L.A. or around L.A. near the beach coast line, and no gangbanger's.
The safe areas in Long Beach are Bixby Knolls, Belmont Shore area, and East Long Beach which is east of Signal Hill.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:22 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,499 times
how is signal hill?

Old 08-19-2011, 02:00 AM

1 posts, read 3,205 times
hi to all i want to buy wholsale products in bulk .I want to know where are importers or wholsallers ?i was checking online directory but infact mostly they are resellers .i am looking for shisha importers ,oriental handicarfts ,obv enough good price ,which area is ok for my shopping and stay (hotel) ?thanks to all

Old 08-20-2011, 04:49 PM

16 posts, read 30,262 times
People for the most part, say compton. But Compton isn't THAT horrible of a place. My boss has lived there his whole life, and he doesn't see gangs running amok, or killing all the time. For the most part, the gangs in L.A. or in that region, have calmed down, compared to when the gang leaders weren't behind bars.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:18 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,196,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic_legend View Post
Hell damn near all of St. Louis gangs came from LA gang members moving there and increasing the crime rate.
No shocker there.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is located at 900 Exposition Blvd. which places it in Exposition Park. Gang members are fairly mobile and have been known to hang out at tourist attractions as well as at Universal CityWalk, so unfortunately, no place in the Los Angeles area is completely safe.
I go to Universal City Walk on a regular basis with friends and have run into no problems. Universal City Walk is one of the safest places you can be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles